2023 Season | Week 13 | Thursday Gameday Chatter Thread | Seahawks @ Cowboys | 11/30/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
Nice to see Dak playing so well. I’ve been a big critic, but he’s definitely playing lights out. Also, it was like watching one of Jimmy Johnson’s old teams with the jawing in your face shit last night. One thing I’ve hated about this team was the lack of the Fuck You, In Your Face Bitch attitude. Give it to Turd, he showed some big nuts last night, got up from some big hits to stick his middle finger up.
The run game is going to be an issue I believe in the playoffs. As well as Dak is playing, I’m just not sure you can go on the road and throw the ball 40 times a game and not expect something bad to happen. Pollard isn’t the answer. Dowdle looks good, but they won’t give the guy enough playing time to see what he can really do. Gotta be a Jones decision… McCarthy has always run his RBs with the hot hand. They seem intent on running Pollard no matter what.
I think the D was tired, and they made a couple key stops when they absolutely had to, but damn it was unnerving to see Seattle march up and down the field all night. Geno carved up the secondary pretty embarrassingly, and their fucking rookie roasted our guys a few times. Inexcusable, fatigued or not.
Are we for real? Seriously. Are we? We’ve beaten one team with a winning record, and that team hung 35 on us and we needed a bail out play from Micah to pull it off. A win is a win, but these next games coming up are going to tell us if the playoffs are going to be the same old same old, or a new chapter.
~runs off to take nervous shit~
I think we are definitely for real. That team was playing for their lives last night. Say what you will about them, but their WR's are nothing to sneeze at to say the least. They are well coached, they have a lot of talent, and they knew damned good and well if they lost to us last night their season was for all practical purposes over. It was a harder game than I would have liked, but at the same time, I am thrilled to see the Cowboys get punched in the mouth and not lay down. Previous teams here didn't really have that kind of grit.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
I think the only silver lining there is Philly has had ridiculous luck in pulling games out of their ass. Either the luck continues all the way to a SB or they hit a rough patch and start evening out the lucky streak. About all we can hope for at this point.
I don't see them getting past SF without a lot of help from the zebras, but you're right, their tough stretch will end soon and unless they lose at least a couple we will be the 5th seed. I will take it either way.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
if they lost to us last night their season was for all practical purposes over
I don't think that's true.

They have a rough schedule they're in the middle of, but the competition for the final 2 wild card spots isn't exactly stiff.

They could fall out because they still have to play SF and Philly, but they have a real chance. They finish up with Tennessee, Pittsburgh and Arizona and they could definitely get to 9-8 and possibly get in.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm hoping most of what we saw from this defense last night was the result of that being the 3rd game in 11 days.

Could be a reason why the pass rush looked sluggish most of the night.
I think it was a combination of that and the recent ass-whippings and media adulation that they've received. It's not a coincidence that the media darling of the moment was the one getting roasted the worst.

The defense has a history of this where they get a bit fat and happy after a string of big wins, lots of sacks, big plays and so forth, and that's exactly what they're coming off of after the Giants/Panthers/Skins stretch.

I've been a bit worried about our CB's since before last night but the defense will be fine once the chips are down in the playoffs. I'm guessing they have another 1-2 disappointing performances in them between now and then though.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think it was a combination of that and the recent ass-whippings and media adulation that they've received. It's not a coincidence that the media darling of the moment was the one getting roasted the worst.

The defense has a history of this where they get a bit fat and happy after a string of big wins, lots of sacks, big plays and so forth, and that's exactly what they're coming off of after the Giants/Panthers/Skins stretch.

I've been a bit worried about our CB's since before last night but the defense will be fine once the chips are down in the playoffs. I'm guessing they have another 1-2 disappointing performances in them between now and then though.

I think the real issue last night was less the DBs and more not getting enough pressure.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't think that's true.

They have a rough schedule they're in the middle of, but the competition for the final 2 wild card spots isn't exactly stiff.

They could fall out because they still have to play SF and Philly, but they have a real chance. They finish up with Tennessee, Pittsburgh and Arizona and they could definitely get to 9-8 and possibly get in.
Their season isn't over but it's clear last night's game was a "rally the troops" sort of situation for them where they were coming off two division losses, one of them in embarrassing fashion against the 49ers, and they were on the road against a team thought of as one of the league's elite.

I'm hoping they can conjure up a similar emotional high against the Eagles in two weeks, at home on MNF, after they likely get their asses whipped at SF next week.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think the real issue last night was less the DBs and more not getting enough pressure.
Disagree, the pressure was often closing in the walls in under 3 seconds but Geno was getting it out quick, obviously cognizant of the pressure. The 3rd and 15 PI on Gilmore was a good example (soft call as it was) where Geno hit the last step of his drop back and clearly decided to just let it rip on his 1st/2nd read.

He said before the game he knew he had to get the ball out quicker so I think that was a focus for them, plus there were plenty of near sacks where the pressure got home in under 3 seconds but he just barely got rid of it.

With that said, most of his statistical damage came off the flukey Metcalf opening TD and the stupid RB bubble screen they popped for 40. Aside from that it was mostly quick hitting 5-7 yarders, although there were a few bad drops that they had downfield that probably should've been caught.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think we are definitely for real. That team was playing for their lives last night. Say what you will about them, but their WR's are nothing to sneeze at to say the least. They are well coached, they have a lot of talent, and they knew damned good and well if they lost to us last night their season was for all practical purposes over. It was a harder game than I would have liked, but at the same time, I am thrilled to see the Cowboys get punched in the mouth and not lay down. Previous teams here didn't really have that kind of grit.
I said before the game that Seattle was a solid team and guessed that we'd win by 10-14 if we didn't fuck ourselves, which we clearly did with penalties and some general discombobulation on defense (first TD, the ridiculous end of half TD, giving up big yards on soft bubble screen-type plays, etc.).

But yea, Seattle is solid if Geno isn't dicking around and last night was the first game in forever that they actually had both of their starting OT's. They have one of the better WR trios in the league, a decent pass rush with Mafe ascending, Darrell Taylor, Dre'Mont Jones and now Leonard Williams, and some talent in the back 7 with Wagner, Witherspoon, Brooks and Diggs.

All of their losses aside from 2X to the Rams have come against the best teams in the league; SF, us, Baltimore, Cincinnati (with Burrow).

They're obviously not elite but I think they're solidly in that second tier of playoff teams, they just have a brutal schedule this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom