2023 Season | Week 13 | Thursday Gameday Chatter Thread | Seahawks @ Cowboys | 11/30/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great game by Dak. Still think that little clock mismangement was on him, but that was about his only mistake all night.

Starting to believe the coaching change is going to make the difference for him. :unsure

Meanwhile, Camo Hat has some 'splanin to do.
He just wanted to give himself a little space for the TD pass...

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
How much money would you have bet if somebody came up and told you that Jordan Lewis was going to have a good game tonight, and Daron Bland was going to be repeatedly torched from first play to last?
They'd have laughed you off the board if you said this before the game.

The Seahawks WRs took bland to school tonight.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This was ugly for the defense. But sometimes you need to have a close physical game and win. Seattle was out there for blood all game the way they hit, talked shit, and were just physical in general. And Dallas came back to win the game.

Now these boys have 10 days to get prepped for the game I think has been on their mind all week.

p1_

DCC 4Life
We should be embarrassed to have to hit 40 points to beat the fucking Seahawks.

That is my goddamn takeaway going forward.
You were correct. Their secondary is Dak friendly

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm surprised they went for such a low percentage play on that killshot fade pass to Lamb. Ferguson was cooking all night, I'd have looked for him on a safer route.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm surprised they went for such a low percentage play on that killshot fade pass to Lamb. Ferguson was cooking all night, I'd have looked for him on a safer route.
Yeah wish Dak would have just pulled that down and taken a sack. But it's a ball that sort of needs to come out before you know if the receiver has the win.

Stars

DCC 4Life
the slant was actually going to be open too. They went to the fade and the db played the fade

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'll say one thing about tonight. Apart from the defense playing awful, this is the kind of game that builds heart with a team. Shit constantly going wrong, and still finding a way to win against a scrappy team that was playing above their level. And the confidence in the offense and the QUARTERBACK will only grow with their performance tonight. I know it probably won't happen, but I would seriously give Dowdle the start, and work Pollard in like we have the last few years. He is night and day different when used as a change of pace guy. I love him. But he's just not a lead back.

As far as the defense goes, I have faith that DQ will fix some shit. He's too good of a coach, and there is too much talent for him to work with on this D not to. He has ten days to figure it out.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Hey dak was badass tonight.
I’m not a fan of Dak by any stretch of the imagination, but he was really good tonight. There’s no way we win this game without him playing the way he did. He made one bad throw and one risky throw. The rest was very, very good. It’s evident that he’s much more comfortable running a WCO than any of the bullshit that Garrett and Moore forced him to run.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'll say one thing about tonight. Apart from the defense playing awful, this is the kind of game that builds heart with a team. Shit constantly going wrong, and still finding a way to win against a scrappy team that was playing above their level. And the confidence in the offense and the QUARTERBACK will only grow with their performance tonight. I know it probably won't happen, but I would seriously give Dowdle the start, and work Pollard in like we have the last few years. He is night and day different when used as a change of pace guy. I love him. But he's just not a lead back.

As far as the defense goes, I have faith that DQ will fix some shit. He's too good of a coach, and there is too much talent for him to work with on this D not to. He has ten days to figure it out.

The defense had a lull last year at this time funnily enough. They turned it back around and I'd guess this year they will also.

I don't think I'd start Dowdle but I think I'd move their snaps closer to even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom