2023 Season | Week 1 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Giants | 9/10/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think he might already be better than Schultz as a blocker, if he can just stop dropping the ball we'll be in good shape.
He is definitely better than Schultz now in regards to positioning and above all sustaining his blocks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is definitely better than Schultz now in regards to positioning and above all sustaining his blocks.
Yeah way better blocker. The drop definitely wasn't good for Ferguson. I did think he had one nice catch and run against the Giants. He isn't the fastest guy in the world but he definitely makes a challenge for defenders to bring down. His hands are also usually excellent. So I'll chalk the drop up to pouring rain. It couldn't have been easy to hold onto the ball in those conditions. I commend the Cowboys for holding on to it. I really only remember one fumble and we recovered it ourselves.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I have seen some stuff where some of our very stupid fan base are not satisfied with the offensive output for the game.

Anyone see what happened to the Chargers?

Exactly what Fat Mike talked about being an issue with Moore.

They tried to race the Dolphins and failed. With plenty of momentum failures.

It was a mad rush for big play, big play, yards, yards.

I don't give a shit that Prescott did not hit 300 yards, I don't care that Pollard did not hit 100 and that we didn't have a 100 yard WR.

I would have liked more crispness, but in terms of managing the game, I like what McCarthy called.

It might have been conservative, but you have to be able to read the room.

I trust that he will dig more shit out if it is necessary.
The fans griping clearly don't remember games like 2011 vs the Lions or 2013 vs the Packers.

Games where the Cowboys led by 3 scores in the 2nd half and still lost because the head coach and QB valued stat padding over smart game management.

Even last year in the playoffs the only reason the Jaguars were able to get back in that game was because Brandon Staley completely botched the management of that game in the 2nd half.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I like the idea of aggregating these types of metrics because I don't trust any individual site's evaluations right now.

But what the hell is with the 25 from ESPN? That can't possibly be right given the outcomes.
I thought the same. Not everything was smooth due to the weather, but it's not like Dak was under siege all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom