2023 Season | Week 1 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Giants | 9/10/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

This is what I was getting at yesterday when I said there isn't as much barking out orders going on pre-snap, with the assumption that most of what we saw in the past was protection/OL related with Dak trying to call out formations and telling the OL what to do.

In the offseason McCarthy said one of the biggest adjustments was in how they structure the pass protections, good to see it playing out.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I did not bother the stay up, but Allen should be roasted. And this probably won’t help.

So what are you going to do about it?

Glad you owned up to the behavior and yes it's good that it apparently bugs you.

But you aren't a child, what are you going to do to change the behavior? What are your teammates watching this and the potential free agents Buffalo might attract in the offseason to glean from it?

You're saying you're a fuck up. That's important. Now how are you going to un-fuck things?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He's right but I'd prefer he just didn't comment on it.
He's too talkative.

He needs to be building the strength and stamina to affect the game on the last play or the last game the same as the first play of the first game.

I hold this man to a very high standard. He is a unique talent.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He's too talkative.

He needs to be building the strength and stamina to affect the game on the last play or the last game the same as the first play of the first game.

I hold this man to a very high standard. He is a unique talent.

I don't care at all that he's talkative. But I don't think he should be publicly criticizing another team's decision making.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don't care at all that he's talkative. But I don't think he should be publicly criticizing another team's decision making.
In talking about other teams, he can come across as not credible or a busy-body, but I could GAS about that. I also don't care if he gives other teams locker room material.

I simply don't like him talking to the press outside of the locker room at all.

He's a leader, and players will follow what he does or at least look to it as a standard. I know he's not goofing off and I know he can handle his own business.

But why present an image that says you are spending your time coordinating and running press interviews and promoting yourself? Everyone, including your teammates, knows that shit burns time. Whether you are or not, it's better to leave the outward impression that you are focused on football, your assignments and opponents, and improving as a player.

Also, sooner or later he's going to say something that causes a distraction. It's inevitable based on the way the wind blows in how the press are treating Parsons.

We all saw that wind turn fiercely against Michael Irvin and even Emmitt and Troy. Sooner or later those guys turn on you, and when they do the rest of the team can get swept along.

Tony Romo learned that the hard way went he went to Cabo during bye week, that image matters, even if he was watching a bunch of football games while screwing Jessica Simpson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom