2023 Season | Week 1 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Giants | 9/10/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
McCarthy looks like he’s pulling a page outta his GB days and is going to use 2 RBs to carry the ground game instead of the typical Cowboy way of a Emmitt/Elliott single RB monster.
I think he has to manage it that way. Pollard's not one of those RBs who you can load up for 20+ carries each week.

Just wish we had a better option at the backup RB spot.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have finally got to sit down and watch the replay.

Even early in the game it becomes evident what Gilmore has brought to this defense.

He is confident, smooth and tells the guys behind him what to do.

And then when you test him, he will make you pay.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have seen some stuff where some of our very stupid fan base are not satisfied with the offensive output for the game.

Anyone see what happened to the Chargers?

Exactly what Fat Mike talked about being an issue with Moore.

They tried to race the Dolphins and failed. With plenty of momentum failures.

It was a mad rush for big play, big play, yards, yards.

I don't give a shit that Prescott did not hit 300 yards, I don't care that Pollard did not hit 100 and that we didn't have a 100 yard WR.

I would have liked more crispness, but in terms of managing the game, I like what McCarthy called.

It might have been conservative, but you have to be able to read the room.

I trust that he will dig more shit out if it is necessary.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I have seen some stuff where some of our very stupid fan base are not satisfied with the offensive output for the game.

I don't give a shit that Prescott did not hit 300 yards, I don't care that Pollard did not hit 100 and that we didn't have a 100 yard WR.

I would have liked more crispness, but in terms of managing the game, I like what McCarthy called.

Schottenheimer basically said we kept a bunch in the bag and kept it simple with how the game went, plus the weather.

But yea, I appreciate McCarthy's old school mindset and pragmatism as opposed to the younger "gurus" who are all racing to be noticed by being hyperaggressive in hopes of becoming the next McVay or Shannahan.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Maybe it just was this game and the circumstances, but the defense is so fine tuned.

Even the backup guys wanted in on the action. Quinn had the Giants down.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There was so much defensively that went right in this game that makes me want to touch myself.

But then again, it was goober Daboll and the Giants.

• Haha
Reactions: p1_

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hunter Luepke.

I saw you make a ST tackle.

I see you.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life

That ability to understand the context of the situation is what I like about McCarthy.
Whereas Garrett was conservative to a fault, and Moore was aggressive to a fault, the fact that McCarthy seems willing to adapt to the situation gives us an edge over the last "regime".
I wish he had been calling plays from day one instead of Moore.

Last edited:

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That ability to understand the context of the situation is what I like about McCarthy.
Whereas Garrett was conservative to a fault, and Moore was aggressive to a fault, the fact that McCarthy seems willing to adapt to the situation gives us an edge over the last "regime".
I wish he had been calling plays from day one instead of Moore.
I’m letting it marinate a bit before deciding

The defense made that game non-competitive. Soon enough though the offense will be challenged, and I want to see how patient and aggressive MM will be once punched in the nose

p1_

DCC 4Life
I’m letting it marinate a bit before deciding

The defense made that game non-competitive. Soon enough though the offense will be challenged, and I want to see how patient and aggressive MM will be once punched in the nose
Frisco and Bosa will be coming soon, get your popcorn ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom