2023 Season | Thursday Opening Night Game | Gameday Chatter Thread | Lions vs Chiefs | 9/7/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm not so sure it's that clear.
To me it was, or is, even before last night. Minnesota was the luckiest team I've seen in years last season and probably should've only won about 9 games, the Packers are going to be shit and the Bears won't be much better, although if things click with Fields running the ball they might finish second.

The only question was whether the Lions could continue their momentum from the last half of last season. The fact that they have arguably the best OL in the league and a creative offensive design is enough to win the division, I don't think they're as good overall as us, the Eagles or 49ers, but they're probably the 4th best team in the conference.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
On 4th down Mahomes was flushed from the pocket and threw an okay YOLO pass that one his WRs got a hand on but couldn't pull in. Turnover on downs.

Lions get the ball back, pick up a first down on 3 runs then run out the clock. They Landry hitched in a nod of respect to Jason Garrett who was working the sidelines.
After finally getting a false start penalty making it 4th and 25. Almost every one of these plays Mahomes had the receiver in position to make the catch for a first. You could tell he missed Kelce but other than Toney most of the receivers stepped up.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Mahomes got the Dak special last night with that terrible dropped pass/INT.

Toney is a disaster.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mahomes got the Dak special last night with that terrible dropped pass/INT.

Toney is a disaster.
It appears that even Superman needs real weapons on offense. The Chiefs WR's leave a lot to be desired. Sure Kelce is a stud. But he was out. The Chiefs weapons looked about the same as the Cowboys last year if you took Lamb out of the game.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, I didn't realize how sad the Chiefs WRs were. I liked Moore in that draft but he's still a smaller guy. I can't believe they couldn't find at least one or two better players than that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I didn't realize how sad the Chiefs WRs were. I liked Moore in that draft but he's still a smaller guy. I can't believe they couldn't find at least one or two better players than that.
He is a guy who will probably never be more than your third receiver. But he could be really good at that.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It appears that even Superman needs real weapons on offense. The Chiefs WR's leave a lot to be desired. Sure Kelce is a stud. But he was out. The Chiefs weapons looked about the same as the Cowboys last year if you took Lamb out of the game.
Yeah, even Tom Brady needed his receivers to catch the football... and people besides himself to run it too.

There is no comparison between Patrick Mahomes and Dak Prescott beyond their being NFL QB's of mixed lineage.

With defective OT's and no WR's or RB's to speak of, Dak would have utterly imploded. Mahomes had the Chiefs within a point.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Moore will improve.

That last drop was actually a fine catch, and an even better defensive play as the defender knocked the ball free.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Moore will improve.

That last drop was actually a fine catch, and an even better defensive play as the defender knocked the ball free.
I didn't word that post very well, but my intention wasn't really to bash Moore as I think he's a fine enough piece in the group going forward. It was more that they couldn't find any other decent WRs, especially bigger ones.

I was thinking during that game, they could use even a Gallup or -- if he develops -- a Tolbert right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom