2023 Season Predictions Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You predicted the Steelers would win the SB. I do not recognize the GSM. If they even make the playoffs I would be shocked.
Have it your way, but you are still wrong and it is not a violation to the degree that the Okafor Incident was.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Have it your way, but you are still wrong and it is not a violation to the degree that the Okafor Incident was.
Au contraire.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
11-6, loss in divisional (again), hopefully leading to Dak and McCarthy's exit.
Ok, let's say it goes down that way.

Why would you get rid of McCarthy?

More importantly, do you think there's someone out there better? And if so, do you really believe this organization is going to go after another respectable coach that would make us better than what McCarthy has?

McCarthy doesn't get a lifetime pass with me or anything, but I damn sure I ain't getting rid of him to go back to some shitty, inexperienced puppet coach that is just happy to work for the Cowboys like we've had too many times before.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Ok, let's say it goes down that way.

Why would you get rid of McCarthy?
Because this is a results-oriented business and with Rodgers and Brady gone, this is our best chance to make the title game in years. I'd be shocked if any team other than Dallas, Philly or SF represented the NFC this year.

More importantly, do you think there's someone out there better?
:unsure

230903083412-01-deion-sanders-colorado-tcu-0902_jpg.jpg

And if so, do you really believe this organization is going to go after another respectable coach that would make us better than what McCarthy has?
Is Quinn respectable? But you're right, they will never hire a young hotshot offensive coordinator who has no history with the team. Jerry is way too old and insular to do that.

McCarthy doesn't get a lifetime pass with me or anything, but I damn sure I ain't getting rid of him to go back to some shitty, inexperienced puppet coach that is just happy to work for the Cowboys like we've had too many times before.
I'd settle for a coach who was respected enough to be informed about QB trades. :rolleyes

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'd settle for a coach who was respected enough to be informed about QB trades. :rolleyes
That's the thing though.... That has nothing to do with McCarthy, and you know that.

That's the way Jerry is always going to operate.

The only coaches out there that he wouldn't think to do that to are ones that we're never going to to hire, and that has been my point all along.

We're not going after the coach that could potentially be better than McCarthy.

Hell, we're lucky to even have him.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
That's the thing though.... That has nothing to do with McCarthy, and you know that.

That's the way Jerry is always going to operate.
Er, he wouldn't have pulled that with Jimmy or Tuna.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Anybody that thinks Deion Sanders would be a good NFL HC at all, much less a better one than Mike McCarthy is begging to never be taken seriously about football ever again.

His rah rah look at me shit wouldn’t make it out of his first training camp. That crap might work with starstruck kids that just fell off of mama’s titty, but NFL vets, especially ones that have been in the league more than a few years would quickly tune him out, if not outright revolt.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Exactly. If Deion becomes a successful college coach, it will all be because of recruiting.

If he's on a level playing field with everyone else in the NFL, that advantage vanishes.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Some woebegone franchise will think Deion can change their fortunes and hire him based on the hype that’s already building.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Anybody that thinks Deion Sanders would be a good NFL HC at all, much less a better one than Mike McCarthy is begging to never be taken seriously about football ever again.

His rah rah look at me shit wouldn’t make it out of his first training camp. That crap might work with starstruck kids that just fell off of mama’s titty, but NFL vets, especially ones that have been in the league more than a few years would quickly tune him out, if not outright revolt.
Thankfully, Sanders does not want to coach in the NFL. His shuck and jive works better on immature kids versus grown men.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Some woebegone franchise will think Deion can change their fortunes and hire him based on the hype that’s already building.
Yeah if he goes to the National Championship or something. But again, unless there is a huge amount of money involved, that is not his kind of grift.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Er, he wouldn't have pulled that with Jimmy or Tuna.
Yeah, but those are anomalies, man.....come on.

Jimmy is when he first bought the team so there's no need to explain that one.

Then there's Bill Parcells and the only reason he hired him was because of the stadium.

He didn't hire the guy because he was sick of losing or anything like that. He needed to build a winner and give the fans some hope in order to get the stadium construction approved. There was no way DFW was going to vote yes to a billion dollar stadium after coming off three consecutive 5-11 seasons with no hope in sight.

So unless Jerry gets that desperate again, there's no way we're ever going to hire the kind of coach you're hoping for.

Again, I was surprised we even went after someone with McCarthy's qualifications and that move has paid off even more than I imagined it would. Not only in what we've done on the field, but it's the influence he's had on the organization.

It's cutting Jaylon Smith in the middle of a season. It's convincing the Jones' to get rid of Kellen Moore. It's trading for Stephon Gilmore and Brandin Cooks and making safety and DT priorities for once.

I just can't see how someone who knows how this family operates would want to get rid of McCarthy so quickly.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
Yeah, but those are anomalies, man.....come on.

Jimmy is when he first bought the team so there's no need to explain that one.

Then there's Bill Parcells and the only reason he hired him was because of the stadium.

He didn't hire the guy because he was sick of losing or anything like that. He needed to build a winner and give the fans some hope in order to get the stadium construction approved. There was no way DFW was going to vote yes to a billion dollar stadium after coming off three consecutive 5-11 seasons with no hope in sight.

So unless Jerry gets that desperate again, there's no way we're ever going to hire the kind of coach you're hoping for.

Again, I was surprised we even went after someone with McCarthy's qualifications and that move has paid off even more than I imagined it would. Not only in what we've done on the field, but it's the influence he's had on the organization.

It's cutting Jaylon Smith in the middle of a season. It's convincing the Jones' to get rid of Kellen Moore. It's trading for Stephon Gilmore and Brandin Cooks and making safety and DT priorities for once.

I just can't see how someone who knows how this family operates would want to get rid of McCarthy so quickly.
The bolded part sticks out. Especially the emphasis on the middle of the defense - S and DT.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Not only in what we've done on the field, but it's the influence he's had on the organization.

It probably took moving Heaven and Earth to do it too.

Except the Kellen Moore part. I think he waited too long to play that card.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It probably took moving Heaven and Earth to do it too.

Except the Kellen Moore part. I think he waited too long to play that card.
Nah, I think he did it when he could.

That was always going to be the most difficult thing to pull off with the Jones'.

They saw him as another Garrett so McCarthy needed all the ammo he could get in order to build his case and I don't think he had it even after the 2021 49ers loss.

He had to be able to come to them and basically say "Look, here's your franchise QB that you're paying out the wazoo for and his OC isn't putting him in the best position to succeed, and here's why..."

This is all speculation, of course, but I think McCarthy wanted him gone much sooner but couldn't make his case to the Jones' until he felt confident that he could convince them.

And I don't think he convinces them last offseason so I think he played his hand correctly.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
3-14

Top Bottom