2023 Season Predictions Thread

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
They are in a handful of teams that are good enough to get there. Dak will have to be exceptional though and I'm not sure he has that gear.
I don't think he'll have to be exceptional if our defense plays the way it can, although I get what you're saying.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Sure, but the problem is predicting it. The odds are pretty against it.
Yea of course the field is more likely, but if you had to pick one team who would it be?

And would you really feel like that team has a significantly better chance than us?

The collective chances of 15 teams, or 5 of the top teams, are obviously higher but what individual team has a better chance?

I honestly don't think there is one, assuming health and such are equal.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yea of course the field is more likely, but if you had to pick one team who would it be?

And would you really feel like that team has a significantly better chance than us?

The collective chances of 15 teams, or 5 of the top teams, are obviously higher but what individual team has a better chance?

I honestly don't think there is one, assuming health and such are equal.

I think Cincinnati, KC, and SF make more sense than we do.

I'm not saying we have no shot, but we've seen so much bullshit from this team for the past couple decades I just can't believe it'll happen until it does.

If I was a Lions fan I'd feel the same way.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
That is a weak bet since he disappears all the time. In fact, unlike some others, when he does there is rarely a wellness concern.
Sometimes there isn't anything to talk about and I have two young kids.

I'll have to tell my wife that if I do kick off she has to come here and tell everyone to get bent. Garrett forever, CBs suck, etc, etc.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Honestly, all homerism aside, the top three teams in the NFC are Dallas, SF, and Philly. SF has a huge question mark at QB and McCaffrey has had injury issues in the past. Philly lost a step on defense and didn’t really replace miles Sanders. Dallas has one of the best trips of CBS right now with Diggs, Gilmore, Bland. RB is uncertain but looks promising, OL depth is the one glaring potential pitfall but we felt that previously. If I had to put substantial money on which NFC team would go furthest I would probably choose Philly just because Dallas has blown it so often in the past. My heart says it’s the Cowboys, my brain just isn’t ready to accept it yet.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I think Cincinnati, KC, and SF make more sense than we do.

I'm not saying we have no shot, but we've seen so much bullshit from this team for the past couple decades I just can't believe it'll happen until it does.

If I was a Lions fan I'd feel the same way.
Apparently, the Steelers are winning it all this year, so really no reason for this debate. :unsure

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yea there's a better chance Pittsburgh finishes last in the division than wins the Super Bowl.
They’ve been picked to do just that , finish last in their division.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sometimes there isn't anything to talk about and I have two young kids.

I'll have to tell my wife that if I do kick off she has to come here and tell everyone to get bent. Garrett forever, CBs suck, etc, etc.
Damn this is almost like spite.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They’ve been picked to do just that , finish last in their division.
A lot of predictions are based off what people remember from last year. They improved talent wise. It depends a lot on how their OC calls things. He is as bad as we pretended Kellen Moore was.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cotton

Staff member
A lot of predictions are based off what people remember from last year. They improved talent wise. It depends a lot on how their OC calls things. He is as bad as we pretended Kellen Moore was.
I don't ever again want to hear about Alex Okafor after that Steelers hot take of yours.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't ever again want to hear about Alex Okafor after that Steelers hot take of yours.
Feh. This is overestimation of something existing. Okafor wasn’t even in that draft. That was a lack of knowledge on display. GSM me.

Cotton

Staff member
Feh. This is overestimation of something existing. Okafor wasn’t even in that draft. That was a lack of knowledge on display. GSM me.
You predicted the Steelers would win the SB. I do not recognize the GSM. If they even make the playoffs I would be shocked.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
I got Dallas going 12-5, tied with Philly but having the tiebreaker and winning the NFCE. Think they win a wild card game, host a divisional round game and eek out a win. Lose in the NFC Championship game to SF.

Top Bottom