2023 Season Predictions Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We might as well put our worthless thoughts for 2023 out there for posterity.

NFC East

1. Dallas - Barring something catastrophic, they have enough to take the division by a game. The key is eliminating silly losses against inferior opponents going into December. That is a tough leg, assuming all of those teams haven't had their own catastrophe.
2. Philadelphia - They will still be in the running, there is simply too much talent.
3. New York Giants - It is possible they threaten for a WC, but I am not sold on their ability to score and their defense is good but will not shut anyone down with two rookie cornerbacks.
4. Washington - There are too many ghosts from the past. I just see malaise and outright implosion around Rivera.

NFC North

1. Detroit Lions - I am not sold on them being nearly as good as the hype, but this is a weak division.
2. Green Bay Packers - They look like a .500 team as they are capable of beating every team in the division, even without Rodgers.
3. Minnesota Vikings - Last year was about as lucky as a team can get and still claim they had 13 Ws at the end of the year. Their offseason was bad and they did zero to improve on either side of the ball.
4. Chicago Bears - They will be a better team overall. The record will depend on the defense, otherwise a five win team.

NFC South

1. New Orleans - They are the only team in the division with a functional yet not completely flawed QB.
2. Atlanta - It seems like Arthur Smith will do his best to keep games close just as he did last year.
3. Tampa Bay - Not a very good squad that did it on fumes and Brady last year.
4. Carolina - From what I see, the players that showed promise last year have regressed, in particular their OL. Maybe that was just preseason stuff, but they looked unorganized.

NFC West

1. San Francisco - For all practical purposes, they should take this division but this is not nearly as strong of a team as we saw last year and there are a lot of top players that may not be back. It is hard to tell if they want to make a run or just showcase themselves for other teams for pride's sake.
2. Seattle - Carroll has done a good job of salvaging Geno Smith to the point they can run the same ground game scheme that compliments the defense.
3. Los Angeles Rams - The only thing that keeps them from last place is Arizona.
4. Arizona Cardinals - They might as well just forfeit all sixteen games. A trainwreck of a franchise with poor talent.

AFC East

1. New York Jets - Rodgers will have the same kind of effect that Brady had in elevating a team beyond its talent. I will say that the Jets' D will have a lot to say about that too.
2. Buffalo - It might be a bit of stretch for me to say, but I don't see how Buffalo improved their situation enough to overcome the momentum the Jets are likely to have.
3. Miami - They can be exciting offensively, but their defense has zero identity.
4. New England - Belichick can still will a team of turds to six wins.

AFC North

1. Pittsburgh - I hate to say it but they might be back. The acquisitions they have made in the offseason have been solid and really addressed their depth areas.
2. Cincinnati - Good team that is missing defensive chops.
3. Baltimore - It all depends on how Jackson adapts to a very different offensive system.
4. Cleveland - Not enough offensively. The defense looks impressive on paper, but that is not the reality.

AFC South

1. Jacksonville - If things do not change for the rest of the teams in this division, they are set up to control it for the next few years.
2. Tennessee - Second place in this division but could have double digit losses.
3. Houston - Ryans has things moving but you cannot go from two years of deliberate tankage to competing.
4. Indianapolis - Things do not look good as they look like they have already decided to just see what happens.

AFC West

1. Kansas City - This might be the year they slip, but I don't see any of the other three teams being able to bully up to first.
2. Los Angeles Chargers - The talent will carry them only so far. You can't win in the playoffs with poor coaching like they have.
3. Las Vegas - Not enough horses on defense.
4. Denver - Payton will get some things in order, but by the end of the year, he might murder Russell Wilson.

NFC Wildcards - Dallas, New York Giants, Seattle
AFC Wildcards - Buffalo, Cincinnati, Los Angeles Chargers

NFCC - San Francisco over Philadelphia
AFCC - Pittsburgh over Kansas City

SB LVIII - Pittsburgh over San Francisco

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Eagles
Giants
Cowboys
Washington

This team never does well when expectations are high, and they are. Philly, as much as I hate them, they are good, so is that little RB playing QB. Giants will probably be better but not nearly good enough to challenge the Eagles.

KC is winning again anyway, so it doesn’t matter.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
NFC East: Cowboys
NFC South: Saints
NFC North: Lions
NFC West: Seahawks

AFC East: Bills
AFC South: Jaguars
AFC North: Bengals
AFC West: Chiefs

NFC Wildcards: Eagles, 49ers, Commanders
AFC Wildcards: Jets, Steelers, Ravens

NFCCG: Cowboys over Eagles
AFCCG: Bengals over Bills

Super Bowl: Bengals over Cowboys

Rookie of the Year: Bijan Robinson
Offensive Player of the Year: Christian McCaffery
Defensive Player of the Year: Micah Parsons
NFL MVP: Joe Burrow

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
NFC Wildcards - Dallas, New York Giants, Seattle
I'm confused. Don't you have us winning the East? The winner of the NFC South is the most likely team to have to play WC weekend, not the winner of the East.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm confused. Don't you have us winning the East? The winner of the NFC South is the most likely team to have to play WC weekend, not the winner of the East.
You beat me to it.

:lol

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Booze is a belt-and-suspenders kinda guy.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I went through several thoughts. Fixed now. I still think we end stumbling in the divisional round.

• Picard
Reactions: p1_

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This isn't really saying much. Dave Campo led a team of turds to 5 wins.

Is that really all the difference is from arguably the GOAT coach to The Poodle? One game?
Six wins is pretty much a minimum and could stretch towards .500. Five wins was the Poodle’s max.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I just read this though... You seriously think Pittsburgh is making the Superbowl? Kenny Pickett over Burrow and Mahomes and Allen? And then winning it?

How medicated were you last night?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I just read this though... You seriously think Pittsburgh is making the Superbowl? Kenny Pickett over Burrow and Mahomes and Allen? And then winning it?

How medicated were you last night?
I was thinking the same thing.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I was thinking the same thing.
If Pittsburgh wins the Super Bowl this year, you can give me the shirtless Baker av for a whole month. :unsure

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yea there's a better chance Pittsburgh finishes last in the division than wins the Super Bowl.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yea there's a better chance Pittsburgh finishes last in the division than wins the Super Bowl.
That was my cross-faded view last night and I am sticking to it. Even where we win the division yet are a wildcard.

Top Bottom