2023 Random NFL Stuff Thread…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
"Public safety"... where have I heard that before...

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm in that boat. This is a terrible precedent to set and I won't contribute to it.

So I'll listen on the radio and watch the recording tomorrow... I think I saw NFL Network will replay it tonight.
Sometimes you have to take a stand otherwise these corporations will nickel and dime us to death.

That's what I did with Amazon this year. If it was a game I was interested in I either used one of the black market streaming sites or watched the NFL Network replay which was usually available a couple of hours after the game.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Does Harbaugh really want out of Michigan, or is this just to drive his contract up? @Plan9Misfit ?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You just won a National Championship, can write your salary on a blank check that the Board of Trustees is probably presenting you, and you basically sit back and relax after recruiting season is over and have your assistants do all the coaching.

I have no idea why a coach at a successful college program would bolt for the NFL.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
You just won a National Championship, can write your salary on a blank check that the Board of Trustees is probably presenting you, and you basically sit back and relax after recruiting season is over and have your assistants do all the coaching.

I have no idea why a coach at a successful college program would bolt for the NFL.
I'm not sure either, except that 1) NIL is a new world that many older coaches don't want to deal with, and 2) with NIL the NCAA is pretty much a pro league now, and if you're going to coach pros, why not coach the pros at the highest level.

Also, a 3) could be that Harbaugh has a little Jimmy in him and for whatever reason likes a new challenge every few years.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Does Harbaugh really want out of Michigan, or is this just to drive his contract up? @Plan9Misfit ?
Neither. I think he’s exploring his options in general, but definitely loves Ann Arbor. That said, with possible NCAA sanctions/suspensions looming, it made sense to look. Many believe that he’s using this as leverage to gain a stronger, more protective contract extension at Michigan, which may be the case based on reports earlier today. He’s apparently asking for a clause which prevents him from being fired if the NCAA comes down with punishment.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I'm not sure either, except that 1) NIL is a new world that many older coaches don't want to deal with, and 2) with NIL the NCAA is pretty much a pro league now, and if you're going to coach pros, why not coach the pros at the highest level.

Also, a 3) could be that Harbaugh has a little Jimmy in him and for whatever reason likes a new challenge every few years.
Harbaugh has openly advocated for paying players, so it definitely wouldn’t be due to the NIL. He’s a huge supporter of it, and went as far as to challenge other high profile coaches to offer portions of their salaries to help fund it so other non-revenue generating sports can make some money.

If he leaves for the NFL, it’s probably because he wants a new challenge.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Seven of the eight remaining Playoff quarterbacks were first round picks.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm throwing shade at 4th round qbs

I'd take undrafted Tony Romo over like 80 or 90% of drafted QBs in the past 20 years.

Wilson and Brady won super bowls. Jalen Hurts made 1 just last year. Nick Foles allegedly won one.

Meanwhile I'd probably take 20 current QBs over number 1 overall pick Trevor Lawrence, or Kyler Murray, or top 5 picks like Zack Wilson.

In other words, you can either play of you can't. Yes 1st rounders are more likely to work out at any position, but that doesn't mean one drafted outside the 1st can't play.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'd take undrafted Tony Romo over like 80 or 90% of drafted QBs in the past 20 years.

Wilson and Brady won super bowls. Jalen Hurts made 1 just last year. Nick Foles allegedly won one.

Meanwhile I'd probably take 20 current QBs over number 1 overall pick Trevor Lawrence, or Kyler Murray, or top 5 picks like Zack Wilson.

In other words, you can either play of you can't. Yes 1st rounders are more likely to work out at any position, but that doesn't mean one drafted outside the 1st can't play.
:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom