2023 Random NFL Stuff Thread…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
0 degrees is freezing no matter how you slice it but the wind makes a huge difference.

If that game is gonna be at 0 degrees and windy? They really need to consider moving it or rescheduling it.
It's going to make for ugly football but it does have some charm.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
What kinda retard does smashing the helmet of the team you are picking to lose appeal to?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tell that to the players on the field. No reason to play this game there.
Yeah I'm sure there are some players that love it. But those players are psycho. I couldn't even imagine going as a fan. It's got to be brutal to sit still in that cold/wind and watch.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Next is Draft Kings
ESPN is starting their own betting app, no need.

This is all just very normal stuff and I'm sure three years from now NFL coverage won't just be a tool to gaslight people into betting more on shit. And of course the very inconsistent horse shit officiating is just complete happenstance, nothing to see here.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I disagree. Our football ancestors played in worse and without the fancy heated benches.

I'm already counting on Chiefs receivers dropping at least 7 passes. Thy can barely catch a pass in 60 degree weather.

I hope Miami beats the shit out of them.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The one thing I think they should have done is move the game time to 1 today when it's likely to be a bit warmer.

The schedule is dumb anyway. There should already have been a 1 o'clock game today and no Monday night game.
But then how else would the league milk more out of their TV deals with ESPN?

And of course you have to ensure that the network you're about to have equity in has a showpiece game, and what better than MNF? Can't be some podunk 4 PM Saturday game.

Just remember that the decisions the league makes has literally nothing to do with logic or ensuring the integrity of the game, it's solely about money and public perception.

The only way they change anything is if they aren't making enough money or there's enough of a public uproar.

dpf1123

DCC 4Life
But then how else would the league milk more out of their TV deals with ESPN?

And of course you have to ensure that the network you're about to have equity in has a showpiece game, and what better than MNF? Can't be some podunk 4 PM Saturday game.

Just remember that the decisions the league makes has literally nothing to do with logic or ensuring the integrity of the game, it's solely about money and public perception.

The only way they change anything is if they aren't making enough money or there's enough of a public uproar.
You're exactly right. I saw something yesterday that people shouldn't run out to sign up for Peacock because this is a test to see if you'll pay to watch playoff games. It's already moved in that direction with Amazon.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
You're exactly right. I saw something yesterday that people shouldn't run out to sign up for Peacock because this is a test to see if you'll pay to watch playoff games. It's already moved in that direction with Amazon.
Pretty much, I signed up for a free trial with Instacart because it comes with Peacock access but you better believe it's getting cancelled tomorrow.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm in that boat. This is a terrible precedent to set and I won't contribute to it.

So I'll listen on the radio and watch the recording tomorrow... I think I saw NFL Network will replay it tonight.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
It is like one giant social experiment. NFL has always been Sundays and Monday night. People won’t watch on Thursday. Let’s do Thursday night late in the season, put the Thursday night on a special service, spread out the playoffs to Saturday so no one misses games, let’s do every Thursday during the season.
They keep changing just enough that it is a minor inconvenience but it keeps building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom