2023 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Of course he's right, but I had to laugh at him saying "my media brethren" as if he has anything in common with a Werder or Todd Archer.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
David Moore is the first media person I've really heard say that the QB needs to be looked at hard for his overall playoff record.

George Dunham of the Ticket has always been a huge Dak defender and even he said he's done now.

I wonder how many other fans are thinking that, and if it affects Jerry's decision process at all.

Last edited:

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
That's because he is on the cutting edge of original ideas. He has only been tellilng us 592 times and there is no way we would have ever thought about that years ago.
What's worse, pointing out over and over again that the same fatal flaw in the organization renders all other discussions moot and pointless, or pretending that the fatal flaw doesn't exist?

Every night for years, the kids talk about what's for dinner while every night for years dad is beating mom in the next room.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
What's worse, pointing out over and over again that the same fatal flaw in the organization renders all other discussions moot and pointless, or pretending that the fatal flaw doesn't exist?

Every night for years, the kids talk about what's for dinner while every night for years dad is beating mom in the next room.
Im going to spell this out for you very slowly so that maybe it will get through to you.....

WE ALL ARE AWARE OF THE JONES ISSUES. ITS NOT SOMETHING THAT YOU CAME UP WITH. IT HAS BEEN DISCUSSED AD NASEUM THROUGHOUT THE YEARS THAT WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER ON THIS BOARD. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THAT WE CAN DO ABOUT IT AND IT WONT CHANGE UNTIL HE SELLS.

so we discuss things on a MESSAGE BOARD. Maybe just maybe try coming up with something other than your one trick pony.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Im going to spell this out for you very slowly so that maybe it will get through to you.....

WE ALL ARE AWARE OF THE JONES ISSUES. ITS NOT SOMETHING THAT YOU CAME UP WITH. IT HAS BEEN DISCUSSED AD NASEUM THROUGHOUT THE YEARS THAT WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER ON THIS BOARD. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THAT WE CAN DO ABOUT IT AND IT WONT CHANGE UNTIL HE SELLS.

so we discuss things on a MESSAGE BOARD. Maybe just maybe try coming up with something other than your one trick pony.
I dunno, man. I think if he posts the exact same thing a thousand more times, Jerry will finally understand and Jerry the Owner will fire Jerry the GM.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
David Moore is the first media person I've really heard say that the QB needs to be looked at hard for his overall playoff record.

George Dunham of the Ticket has always been a huge Dak defender and even he said he's done now.

I wonder how many other fans are thinking that, and if he affects Jerry's decision process at all.
I dont know. I dont think we can move on until Smitty is ready to move on from him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I wonder how many other fans are thinking that, and if he affects Jerry's decision process at all.
The last thing that needs to happen is a new Prescott contract. But it will happen.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So if McCarthy stays, what happens with Quinn if he doesn't get one of these open jobs? And after last night, I don't see that happening.

His defense has been de-pantsed by the Shanahan tree too many times. The only way you can make up for the deficiencies of Prescott is with an all time defense.
... and a great running game, and two #1 WRs... and.... the list goes on.

Just get rid of the bum.

data

Forbes #1
Wasn’t Romos playoff record similar?
2-4 officially

2-6 if you count the two Week 17 do-or-dies

2006 - #5
2007 - #1
2009 - #3
2011 - #4 (if we had won Week 17)
2012 - #4 (if we had won Week 17)
2014 - #3

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Smitty

DCC 4Life
We are doomed unless we do something unconventional and it succeeds.

We can't keep playing it straight. We're spinning our wheels. If we keep following the "but no other team would do X" then we are just running on the treadmill of what all the other 31 teams do and we will keep falling short.

Yeah, do something unconventional and it may fail spectacularly too. But we know where we are going with Prescott. A dead end.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

We can't keep playing it straight. We're spinning our wheels. If we keep following the "but no other team would do X" then we are just running on the treadmill of what all the other 31 teams do and we will keep falling short.

Yeah, do something unconventional and it may fail spectacularly too. But we know where we are going with Prescott. A dead end.
You'll get cosmetic changes and like it.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Philly did it with Wentz just a few years ago.

I just wish we had Hendon Hooker waiting with a healed ACL.

:crying

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Any coach we could get would still have to deal with the real issue and that is the engrained organizational culture that is as predictable as the sun rising and setting.

Every offseason is the same.

We will still do things the same this offseason too.

The Joneses will still gather together as a family in the Caribbean.

We will see the same type of drafting.

We will see the same type of inactivity in free agency and overvaluing of our own talent.

The values of the organization will not change with another coach in here.

I don't give a shit how smart the coach is. They will not be able to beat that culture.
Exactly. No one can coach well enough to overcome the Hillbilly Schmucks that run the team. They think they are smarter and better football “brains” than anyone coaching the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom