2023 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

This is maybe the most interesting part of all this. If they are keeping McCarthy they might as well extend him. If they go into his last year, he fails again, and they don't resign him, I'm not sure there will be any better choices next year.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
I dispute that the QB was playing the best football of his life, or at least that the "best football of his life," was at all consequential.

This team beat up on losers all year. Every time it faced a playoff team it struggled or choked.

We went 3-4 against playoff teams this year. The wins were against a Rams team that was rudderless, an Eagles team that was about to implode, and it barely escaped Detroit.

Dak didn't post some great season. He ran it up against lousy teams and folded like he always does against any semblance of decent competition.

He's a loser.
Agreed…look at his stats from last night…youd think he actually outperformed in a way. Hes the master of garbage time and garbage teams

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
Im going to spell this out for you very slowly so that maybe it will get through to you.....

WE ALL ARE AWARE OF THE JONES ISSUES. ITS NOT SOMETHING THAT YOU CAME UP WITH. IT HAS BEEN DISCUSSED AD NASEUM THROUGHOUT THE YEARS THAT WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER ON THIS BOARD. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THAT WE CAN DO ABOUT IT AND IT WONT CHANGE UNTIL HE SELLS.

so we discuss things on a MESSAGE BOARD. Maybe just maybe try coming up with something other than your one trick pony.
What's the point in discussing things on the message board if there's a fatal flaw that dooms the team to perpetual failure? What is there to discuss? When and where the failure will take place? How soon? It's just a matter of time, right? The failure is inevitable.

Or, is that the concern? That the fatal flaw Jerry represents, the inevitable failure, makes the message board itself irrelevant?

Genghis Khan

I'll be honest, I'm fully on board with moving on from McCarthy but part of me would be pissed because he gave the last clown a fucking decade and he wasn't as successful in 10 as McCarthy has been in 4.

Genghis Khan

i would love to see Jerry divorce Dak, and the contract expiring is the perfect out .

But it's not perfect, because his cap hit makes it very difficult to field a team around him without extending him. And if you aren't going to field a team around him you might as well cut bait now because at least you can get some picks for him. And, they have a cheap bridge QB already on the roster (Lance) while they look for someone else.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
What's the point in discussing things on the message board if there's a fatal flaw that dooms the team to perpetual failure? What is there to discuss? When and where the failure will take place? How soon? It's just a matter of time, right? The failure is inevitable.

Or, is that the concern? That the fatal flaw Jerry represents, the inevitable failure, makes the message board itself irrelevant?
Well then what the hell are you doing here?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
That doesn't answer the question.
Yes it does. The point of a message board is to discuss things. Things. Not the same thing. Otherwise every single post on the board would just read - whats the point. Jerry is still in charge. If all you are going to do is spout this then why are you here?

data

Forbes #1
Jordan Love was 26th in the first round. (Interestingly, I think Aaron Rodgers was too. Seems GB has a knack for picking at that spot.)
Are you suggesting we take a QB at #24? What's the point if TEH JER'S STILL ON BOARD!!?!??! Next time you post about what to do with #24 will be your last.

• Haha
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life

Misery loves company?

p1_

DCC 4Life
But it's not perfect, because his cap hit makes it very difficult to field a team around him without extending him. And if you aren't going to field a team around him you might as well cut bait now because at least you can get some picks for him. And, they have a cheap bridge QB already on the roster (Lance) while they look for someone else.
im for ripping the band aid now. Turn the page, let's find the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom