2023 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like it too, but my head is focused on our need at RB

Now it’s clear Dallas doesn’t feel the same way at all. They likely believe Jones and Pollard have us perfectly covered.

I hadn’t pictured Jones getting a ton of carries, but at this rate he’s going to
I'm not even focused on need. I just don't see this guy ever becoming an impact on the Dline. He is a Golston backup to me.

We could have got a corner if we were going defense that I think could have been a legit future starter. Or RB or OG or WR. But we went with a guy who looks like a career utility Dlineman. Our dline is stupid deep and this wasn't some stellar value. He was basically what you expect for a DE this late in the draft.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
In theory they are stacking talent. We are cherry picking weird ones.
That's fine. They're the favorite now. See how they handle it. Can't have a much better season than they did last season. One injury to QB and poof.

Prodigal_Son

Resurrected
I'm not even focused on need. I just don't see this guy ever becoming an impact on the Dline. He is a Golston backup to me.

We could have got a corner if we were going defense that I think could have been a legit future starter. Or RB or OG or WR. But we went with a guy who looks like a career utility Dlineman. Our dline is stupid deep and this wasn't some stellar value. He was basically what you expect for a DE this late in the draft.
22 tackles for loss last year is impressive and it wasn’t a fluke. 22 career sacks over 3 years and Conference DPOY. Dude is an average athlete but just knows how to play the position.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't agree. Lamb, Cook, Pollard, Ferguson, still a decent OL, now a second round TE. Not a cast of stars, but his cupboard ain't bare.
It's far from filled. Shit you could have drafted Vorhees if you wanted a future starter. So ignore next season. Did you add any building pieces for the offense in this draft? Any? Nope? Great

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
22 tackles for loss last year is impressive and it wasn’t a fluke. 22 career sacks over 3 years and Conference DPOY. Dude is an average athlete but just knows how to play the position.
That was in the Mountain West.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
In the Mountain West.

Dammit!

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
God if we had gone defense I would have preferred to at least go corner whore with Rush or Trice. After Mazi just no bright spots in this draft to me. Fehoko better have felt like a steal to them because it feels like a guy who we just didn't need. I'm just not into these guys. Hope I missed something.
Talent wise they have been solid grabs — except for Overdraft in the 3rd.

We only have had four picks, and darned near at the back of each round. I am incredibly happy with the 1st pick, OK with the 2nd and 4th, and bewildered by the 3rd.

Can’t compare with Philly’s truckload of picks, it’s apples and oranges.

I’m just happy Philly is overvaluing the Georgia connection. I’m not a believer in the Bulldog back seven talent as they benefitted too much from having an all-NFL caliber DL. In college that’s too big an advantage and IMO it skews their actual NFL worth.

Top Bottom