2023 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

data

Forbes #1
Regarding Fehoko, DC.com interview with Sharrif Floyd, Assistant DL Coach:
Brings physicality and passoin to the game. Displayed knockback, quicks to a good pass rush, an array of pass rushing moves. Motor. Will get into our rotation and then later moving inside to be true 3-technique after gaining some weight.

Fehoko did a great job playing consistently with this hands. You see players today playing with flippers and that's it. Theyre missing elements. But when you play with your hands, you can play 1.5 gaps. Picking the guy out of his stance without standing up.

We're focusing this year about our keys. We'll give LBers to give opp to play their gap vs fighting to get to their gap. We're going to fix those things and make defense better this season

Stars

DCC 4Life
This seems like the area Dallas will trade up to take some guy they supposedly targeted.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is an odd dynamic because McCarthy seems to be slitting his own throat.
Yeah, he is too nice of a guy and Quinn has too big of a voice. The dynamic on draft day with those two will always have Quinn dominating. Maybe if we had a real offensive coordinator to push opposite Quinn but we don't.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
It is an odd dynamic because McCarthy seems to be slitting his own throat.
But of the defense gets better it benefits McCarthy, too. He ain't worried about keeping his job. He's worried about winning another Super Bowl.

If this defense isn't a top 3 defense this year I'd be shocked. And that will win you a ton of games and keep you in most. If Dak remembers how to not turn it over a couple times a game we are a very good team no matter what we or the Eagles did this weekend.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
We need to find out it Michigan has a running back available. Seems to be the only way players are considered.
I half expect us to announce we're selecting Blake Corum.

Foobio

DCC 4Life
Don't agree. Lamb, Cook, Pollard, Ferguson, still a decent OL, now a second round TE. Not a cast of stars, but his cupboard ain't bare.
But not measurably better than last year. And not good enough to make It to the SB or the NFCC for that matter. Not addressing RB in particular is an incredibly inept decision.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'm not even focused on need. I just don't see this guy ever becoming an impact on the Dline. He is a Golston backup to me.

We could have got a corner if we were going defense that I think could have been a legit future starter. Or RB or OG or WR. But we went with a guy who looks like a career utility Dlineman. Our dline is stupid deep and this wasn't some stellar value. He was basically what you expect for a DE this late in the draft.
There aren’t a lot of players worth stellar value this late in the 4th. They all went at the top of the round.

The lynchpin pick was in the 3rd… and we royally fucked that one up.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Especially ones with running QB's. That's my point.
At this rate, we probably will not beat a healthy Philadelphia team. It is sickening to acknowledge but they at least have an aggressive plan.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Since I retired I find that day drinking is not conducive to stating up late. I didn't see yesterday's results until 2AM, when I got up to piss.
I used to never piss in the middle of the night, and then I started getting up at 3-4 to pee, and now I piss twice a night.

Top Bottom