2023 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If that happened take Mazi or Torrence. Or someone else would probably have fallen who shouldn't.

I feel like the biggest freak out on here would be if we took Hyatt. Even Johnston I don't think anyone would be mad about.
Forbes?

Although he's a better prospect than Hyatt I think.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Forbes?

Although he's a better prospect than Hyatt I think.
I like both but I'm not really wanting either in the first. I think Hyatt would be a useful weapon but he would need time before he is more than a deep threat/screen guy. Forbes I think is an excellent player. You just have to get over the fact he is skinny. He doesn't play like it.

Former QB, I like his style.
I can’t tell you the times I thought our coach was gonna kill him using him so much as a runner but he was tough as they come. He was very accurate on his passes too. He was very good with the deep passes. He was clearly the best player on our team for two seasons and we wouldn’t have gotten far at all without him. He is a difference maker!

I honestly don’t want either of the TEs to be on the board when we pick. I think we are good at TE for the next couple years

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jeremiah has mocked Musgrave to us and I have seen several other mocks doing the same. This would ruin all the positive mojo from this offseason if the Cowboys do this.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
That is a cat tossing offense if that happens.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jeremiah has mocked Musgrave to us and I have seen several other mocks doing the same. This would ruin all the positive mojo from this offseason if the Cowboys do this.
Yeah I would be surprised if for no other reason the guy has barely played football. Played in what 2 games last year? The most games he has ever played in during a season is what 9? His best season including a bowl game was 304 yards?

I mean he is literally living off athletic numbers and 2 really good games last year. Hell most prospects you can find 2 really good games to point to. This guy has no other games. He is a pure shot in the dark for athletic ability.

And like I've said, he should have at least then dominated at the Senior Bowl, but instead he wasn't even the best looking TE there. I don't get it with this guy. I think he is a huge risk even in the second round. If we take him in the first I would be mystified and convinced that for some reason the Cowboys just felt like they had to have a TE for some reason. No one is going to be able to sell me he is best available.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I like Stroud more than the others. Heard he was slipping and thought someone is going to get lucky here.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would make a lot of sense for them. And you have the ability to be patient with him. It's smart to not bypass a franchise QB for hopes that your third round pick is somehow going to be light years better.

Plus I think Stroud is worth the pick. Richardson and Levis not so much.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I like Stroud more than the others. Heard he was slipping and thought someone is going to get lucky here.
They say he's slipping because he apparently performed poorly on that new S2 test that QBs are given.

It also doesn't help that Ohio State QBs get a bad rap in NFL circles because of how easy it is to play QB there with all that WR and RB talent. Same can be said for Alabama QBs.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They say he's slipping because he apparently performed poorly on that new S2 test that QBs are given.

It also doesn't help that Ohio State QBs get a bad rap in NFL circles because of how easy it is to play QB there with all that WR and RB talent. Same can be said for Alabama QBs.
Yeah I mean the Ohio State receivers are pretty stupid talented. You've got two excellent rookie receivers from last year, you have JSN who is likely the top receiver this year and oh by the way, next year the top receiver is from Ohio State with the name Marvin Harrison. Something definitely feels unfair about the level of weapons on that team. Plus you have two high round OT's and one of the top centers in the class.

So I get it, but you can only deal with the hand you are delt. It's not a QB's fault that he isn't throwing to shitty receivers and receiving no pass protection. Although, I think that's some of the defense for Levis.

Top Bottom