2023 Draft Big Boards, Position Rankings & Mocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I like it better than others. The trade system is there but not forced which is good. So far PFN has been the best this year but the trading gets ridiculous on there.
Yeah, that one is nice. I dig the old 2002 simple look to it, too.

FWIW, I ran it several times and Kincaid was almost always available at our pick, and was also their highest rated player available.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Matt Miller mock would be an A+++++ for me, aside from taking a kicker too early:

1. Michael Mayer
2. Mazi Smith
3. Roschon Johnson

Gave us Moody in the 4th, which is whatever, and Rakim Jarrett in the 7th which would be a hell of a steal.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Matt Miller mock would be an A+++++ for me, aside from taking a kicker too early:

1. Michael Mayer
2. Mazi Smith
3. Roschon Johnson

Gave us Moody in the 4th, which is whatever, and Rakim Jarrett in the 7th which would be a hell of a steal.
Shit that ain’t happening.

Did Jarrett commit a crime that I am not aware of?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Peter King:

26. DALLAS: Joey Porter Jr., cornerback, Penn State.

When the offseason began, I expected Porter—son the of the ferocious former Steeler linebacker—to go somewhere in the teens, latest. But some evaluators think he’s not the physical presence his size (6-2 ½, 193 pounds) would portend, and I wouldn’t be shocked if he fell out of the first round.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
1682337227972.png

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'm a fan of his but no thanks. I want nothing to do with a LBer in the first.
I know little about him… if he’s a baller he could replace LVE in time and really complement when Parsons is rushing. We over-rely on Parsons, and frankly any impact front seven help we can lend him is a positive.

Talent is the key.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m not even sure if I want him in the second. Is this a case of Van Ness making him look good? Reminds me of Hawk/Carpenter/Schlagle. Hawk was a monster and the other two looked good because of it.
Eh, Iowa puts a lot of talent in the NFL. Guy is athletic, full sized and smart. I worry a little about 6'5" 250 pound dudes but his change of direction is pretty stellar. I'd trust him to be a really good and rock solid NFL player. But it's probably really difficult to convince me of any LBer in the first of this draft. I think he is a second round prospect but I wouldn't view him as a borderline first/second.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Eh, Iowa puts a lot of talent in the NFL. Guy is athletic, full sized and smart. I worry a little about 6'5" 250 pound dudes but his change of direction is pretty stellar. I'd trust him to be a really good and rock solid NFL player. But it's probably really difficult to convince me of any LBer in the first of this draft. I think he is a second round prospect but I wouldn't view him as a borderline first/second.
Looks really instinctive, like always around the ball, seems to be in position to get the bounce. Unafraid to stick his nose in any situation.

Looks like you could time his speed with a sundial though.

Instincts seem to say he belongs in the NFL. Visible lack of speed drops him out of the first couple of rounds for me

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks really instinctive, like always around the ball, seems to be in position to get the bounce. Unafraid to stick his nose in any situation.

Looks like you could time his speed with a sundial though.

Instincts seem to say he belongs in the NFL. Visible lack of speed drops him out of the first couple of rounds for me
Eh, he would run circles around Mayer. Which is what worries me about Mayer, here is a guy who is actually bigger than Mayer, and yet more athletic in every way possible.

The 40 of 4.65 is just ok. But his 10 yard split is awesome for a guy his size and I believe so were his shuttle and cone drills. He is an explosive athlete but probably not someone you want trying to run with someone for 40 yards. In a short area he is quick and like I said he can change directions. The guy has burst.

The problem is I don't want him to get any bigger. At 6'5" 249 pounds he is perfect. But I don't want him to put on an NFL 10 pounds and be a 260 pound guy. I think you risk losing the athletic ability that makes him great. His athleticism score at the combine was tops for a LBer for a reason.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Peter King

26. DALLAS: Joey Porter Jr., cornerback, Penn State.

When the offseason began, I expected Porter—son the of the ferocious former Steeler linebacker—to go somewhere in the teens, latest. But some evaluators think he’s not the physical presence his size (6-2 ½, 193 pounds) would portend, and I wouldn’t be shocked if he fell out of the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom