2023 Draft Big Boards, Position Rankings & Mocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Here's my question to you guys:

Name a few players you like much better than the internet guru consensus, then name a few players you hate compared to the those guys.
Like Better:

Felix Anudike-Uzomah
Tucker Kraft
Mazi Smith
Jack Campbell
Drew Sanders
Josh Downs
Tuli Tuipolotu
Siaki Ika
Derick Hall
Jayden Reed

Like Less:

Luke Musgrave
Kelee Ringo
Cedric Tillman
Devon Achane

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Weird Question.

how far would Levis have to fall before you would take him. Doing a mock and I picked up #96 in a trade. Levis is still there. I think at that point it is worth the investment. Gives you2-3 years to try to develop him to see if he can replace Dak or create a trade market for him.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's my question to you guys:

Name a few players you like much better than the internet guru consensus, then name a few players you hate compared to the those guys.
So like I'd put Mayer in that category of guys I don't like compared to consensus but that's because in my head they have him as a top 20 caliber player. I have him more of a 25-35 type player. I think I'd also say Brian Branch. And maybe it's our lack of a first round pick but he is kind of a box safety, but he is small, he isn't fast. He's a "footballl" player but when I'm talking about a first round safety I just think I need more than that. I'm also way more down on Murphy than what he was being projected. But now I see some "experts" predicting him as a late first. I'm down on him as a top 10 caliber talent though. I just think it's going to be a mistake for a team if they do that. Musgrave I'm way lower on. Ringo I'm way lower on. If I want a guy with size and athletic ability I can find those dudes in the third round and they probably played better than him. Trenton Simpson gets first round buzz, but I'm not touching that guy. Josh Downs I'm a little lower on because I think he is really a slot only guy. With Lamb doing so well out of the slot, I hate to draft a guy who I think is only useful from there.

Guys who I like better than the consensus would probably be Kancey (Depending on who you believe), Kraft who I think is a complete TE and play maker, Hyatt only because I think he is going mid second round and I like him better than that. Mazi Smith because I think he can be more than just a pure NT. The thought that you can't take a guy just because he is a run stuffer doesn't feel right with Mazi mostly because I think he can be more. He just didn't have the opportunity in college. Matthew Bergeron I'm probably higher on. I actually really like Gervon Dexter, Darius Rush I'm really high on, obviously Sam LaPorta, YaYa Diaby, Jayden Reed and AT Perry (Who I still can't believe doesn't get more buzz).

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think this just highlights that these people think the Cowboys need a TE. Kincaid and Mayer are gone by our pick in this mock, so naturally the expert just goes to his next TE.
They need a DT too. You don’t see a bunch of Mazi Smith projections.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Isn't that what everybody wants? BPA?

I'm fine with a TE if it lines up with their board. They actually deserve the benefit of the doubt when it comes to at least the first round. They have been very good for awhile.
Put it this way, he may indeed be the BPA, but the draft is also about mining depth in later rounds too. You might not be able to find an edge rusher or lineman of the same quality but in this draft you can come close to finding that value at TE, even in later rounds

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Isn't that what everybody wants? BPA?

I'm fine with a TE if it lines up with their board. They actually deserve the benefit of the doubt when it comes to at least the first round. They have been very good for awhile.
If your BPA has the kind of limited production he has, then there is something wrong.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They need a DT too. You don’t see a bunch of Mazi Smith projections.
Listen, I know the loss of Carlos Watkins has hit you hard but he is no Schultz!

I absolutely agree by the way. When I say they think we need a TE, it's because of the loss of Schultz. Not because we actually need a TE. We just don't have a TE sitting on the roster who has produced a 500 yard season. Instead we did the smart thing and started to prepare for the loss of Schultz by drafting a dude last year. If we wanted to keep Schultz we easily could have. We didn't want to.

DT was a need last year, it's a need this year and it will probably be a need yet again next year. It's like safety used to be for us. But we didn't technically lose anything at DT from last year (Except Watkins) so it's like the need goes unrecognized by the media people.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Put it this way, he may indeed be the BPA, but the draft is also about mining depth in later rounds too. You might not be able to find an edge rusher or lineman of the same quality but in this draft you can come close to finding that value at TE, even in later rounds
I disagree on the value part but time will tell.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think you can find edge rusher later too. There is actually a lot of guys at edge rusher in this draft. We just haven't talked about all of them a lot because it's not really a need.

But DT? Very thin position. Interior O-lineman? Very thin position. If you don't get a guy at those positions in the first couple of rounds you're really going to start to struggle to find guys who don't need serious development. WR is pretty thin as well. LBer, another thin position.

The depth of this draft in my opinion is at TE, CB and DE.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I think you can find edge rusher later too. There is actually a lot of guys at edge rusher in this draft. We just haven't talked about all of them a lot because it's not really a need.

But DT? Very thin position. Interior O-lineman? Very thin position. If you don't get a guy at those positions in the first couple of rounds you're really going to start to struggle to find guys who don't need serious development. WR is pretty thin as well. LBer, another thin position.

The depth of this draft in my opinion is at TE, CB and DE.
I know I've been on board talking TE but I have been wanting Avila even at 26 for awhile now. I just wouldn't be opposed to Mayer. Kincaid because of back issue and Muskrat would be a no likey for me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know I've been on board talking TE but I have been wanting Avila even at 26 for awhile now. I just wouldn't be opposed to Mayer. Kincaid because of back issue and Muskrat would be a no likey for me.
Yeah I don't really want a TE at 26, everyone probably knows that by now. But if we take one I wouldn't throw a fit. A mean it could still be an offensive weapon who starts for us. I just don't see the value in Musgrave. Hell I'd rather have Washington assuming there is no medical red flag with him. I've seen more from Washington than I have from Musgrave.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Final mock draft from me:

Overall #TeamPlayer NamePositionSchoolTraded Pick
1Carolina PanthersYoung, Bryce*QBAlabama(from Chicago)
2Houston TexansAnderson, Will*DEAlabama
3Tennessee TitansStroud, C.J.*QBOhio StateTRADE WITH ARIZONA
4Indianapolis ColtsRichardson, Anthony*QBFlorida
5Seattle SeahawksCarter, Jalen*DTGeorgia(from Denver)
6Detroit LionsWitherspoon, DevonCBIllinois(from Los Angeles Rams)
7Philadelphia EaglesRobinson, Bijan*RBTexasTRADE WITH LAS VEGAS
8Atlanta FalconsWilson, TyreeDETexas Tech
9Chicago BearsJones, Broderick*OTGeorgia(from Carolina)
10Las Vegas RaidersGonzalez, Christian*CBOregon(from New Orleans) TRADE WITH PHILADELPHA
11Arizona CardinalsJohnson, Paris*OTOhio StateTRADE WITH TENNESSEE
12Houston TexansLevis, WillQBKentucky
13Green Bay PackersWright, DarnellOTTennessee(from New York Jets)
14New England PatriotsVan Ness, Lukas*DEIowa
15New York JetsSkoronski, Peter*OTNorthwestern(from Green Bay)
16Washington CommandersPorter, Joey*CBPenn State
17Pittsburgh SteelersHarrison, Anton*OTOklahoma
18Detroit LionsBranch, Brian*FSAlabama
19Tampa Bay BuccaneersSmith-Njigba, Jaxon*WROhio State
20Seattle SeahawksHooker, HendonQBTennessee
21Los Angeles ChargersKincaid, DaltonTEUtah
22Baltimore RavensBanks, DeonteCBMaryland
23Minnesota VikingsFlowers, ZayWRBoston College
24Jacksonville JaguarsBergeron, MatthewOTSyracuse
25New York GiantsAddison, JordanWRUSC
26Dallas CowboysMayer, Michael*TENotre Dame
27Buffalo BillsSmith, Mazi*DTMichigan
28Cincinnati BengalsForbes, EmmanuelCBMississippi State
29New Orleans SaintsMurphy, Myles*DEClemson(from San Francisco through Miami and Denver)
30Philadelphia EaglesSmith, NolanDEGeorgia
31Kansas City ChiefsGibbs, Jahmyr*RBAlabama

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Weird Question.

how far would Levis have to fall before you would take him. Doing a mock and I picked up #96 in a trade. Levis is still there. I think at that point it is worth the investment. Gives you2-3 years to try to develop him to see if he can replace Dak or create a trade market for him.
At this point, our next pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom