2023 Draft Big Boards, Position Rankings & Mocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The good news is that despite their record and high level of competitiveness they could use players at quite a lot of positions - CB, LB, DT, DE, WR, OL, TE. If they just go BPA there are a lot of ways to improve.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The good news is that despite their record and high level of competitiveness they could use players at quite a lot of positions - CB, LB, DT, DE, WR, OL, TE. If they just go BPA there are a lot of ways to improve.
Yea I think BPA truly makes the most sense this year, it does most years but especially this year given that we're solid across the board and don't have a huge glaring weakness anywhere.

DT is the closest thing so of course I'd prefer to go in that direction but any of those positions you listed could conceivably make a ton of sense.

Whoever they let go in FA (McGovern, Schultz, etc.) could end up being the tiebreaker.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Literally guy ignores our rookie who is the second best corner on the team. I'm not against a corner but it would have to be slam dunk BPA for me to take one in the first.
That mock is also from like a month ago but I definitely agree that Bland emerging takes CB out of the running in the first unless it's a clear BPA situation.

Diggs/Bland/Lewis is a perfectly fine trio and you could even resign Brown on like a 1 year/$1 million deal and have him as depth probably halfway through the year. That's not even counting Wright, Mullen and potentially another mid-rounder.

Fuck Joseph.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
latest SI mock

26. Dallas Cowboys: O’Cyrus Torrence, IOL, Florida

Rookie Tyler Smith has exceeded expectations this season. While Tyron Smith has returned from the injury he sustained in training camp, he’s 32 years old and has missed a minimum of three games per season since 2016. Both Connor McGovern and Jason Peters will be unrestricted free agents, and Terence Steele will be a restricted free agent after this season. The Cowboys are at their best when their offensive line is elite, and they would add the draft’s best guard here with Torrence. He’s a bully as a run blocker, moves better than one would expect for someone nearly 350 pounds and (after transferring from Louisiana) handled the jump in competition from the Sun Belt to SEC well.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
latest SI mock

Rookie Tyler Smith has exceeded expectations this season. While Tyron Smith has returned from the injury he sustained in training camp, he’s 32 years old and has missed a minimum of three games per season since 2016. Both Connor McGovern and Jason Peters will be unrestricted free agents, and Terence Steele will be a restricted free agent after this season. The Cowboys are at their best when their offensive line is elite, and they would add the draft’s best guard here with Torrence. He’s a bully as a run blocker, moves better than one would expect for someone nearly 350 pounds and (after transferring from Louisiana) handled the jump in competition from the Sun Belt to SEC well.
Fine if he is BPA but resigning mcgovern should be enough to make this unnecessary. The team has bigger needs elsewhere.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Fine if he is BPA but resigning mcgovern should be enough to make this unnecessary. The team has bigger needs elsewhere.
I'm not even going to bother looking at any games of Torrence unless we let McGovern walk, because if we do indeed re-sign him there's no chance we draft an OG only in the 1st.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm not even going to bother looking at any games of Torrence unless we let McGovern walk, because if we do indeed re-sign him there's no chance we draft an OG only in the 1st.
I am wondering if they view McGovern highly enough to bring him back at a price an inflated cap would afford him. It is a bit of a concern as I don’t see an incumbent on the roster and I don’t know if we can afford an OL again in the 1st.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I like Mongo and wouldn't mind having him back. Obviously not if someone pays him stupid money, but I doubt that happens.

But he's kind of paid his dues the last few years with all the moving around. As well as the OL was playing, I hate to mess around with it more than necessary.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I like Mongo and wouldn't mind having him back. Obviously not if someone pays him stupid money, but I doubt that happens.

But he's kind of paid his dues the last few years with all the moving around. As well as the OL was playing, I hate to mess around with it more than necessary.
Agreed, I'd give him like 6/year.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
latest SI mock

I wouldn’t complain because he’s a fine player, but my gut tells me that the team has already committed itself to drafting a CB by hook or by crook.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wouldn’t complain because he’s a fine player, but my gut tells me that the team has already committed itself to drafting a CB by hook or by crook.
But corner has to be at the top of the list though, so I won't fault them as long as they keep their minds open and let the draft flow properly.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
But corner has to be at the top of the list though, so I won't fault them as long as they keep their minds open and let the draft flow properly.
Agreed, but we know how these rubes operate. They’ll often ignore players of greater value over a position.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Yahoo mock

25. Dallas Cowboys

Oregon CB Christian Gonzalez
The Cowboys need to find someone to play with Trevon Diggs, and Christian Gonzalez has the height and length that Dan Quinn likes in his cornerback prospects — assuming he’s still coaching in Dallas come next season.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Still interested in how high Hendon Hooker goes. Not that I've watched him that closely, but he just looks like a pro QB to me. Tall, good mechanics, good arm, seems accurate. I know that system puts up big numbers so that's not what I'm going on. I admit his backup put up huge numbers in their bowl game also, so that's kind of a yellow flag.

But you know the late season ACL tear will get Jerry's attention. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom