**2023 Cowboys Pre-Draft Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It's hard not to love Washington... Were his touches just limited because #19 is so good?
Washington doesn't have many miles on him. UGA runs a lot and Bennett throws all over the field. Bowers has been elite, so Washington wasn't featured as much. Was actually surprised he came back to UGA last season after Bowers exploded on the scene.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Washington is so damn big, though, that it seems like he should have been capable of so much more.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Washington is so damn big, though, that it seems like he should have been capable of so much more.
He does have some freaky highlight blocks. The guy isn't just a shield blocker. He can knock dudes backwards to a silly degree. If I draft Washington it's because I know he will be an impact blocker and has potential as a receiver. I know it's a bit silly to care that much about a TE's blocking but it can really help out a running game.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I really don’t think Meyer has traits that Ferguson does not.
Ferguson doesn't have the body control, ball tracking and hands to win 50/50 balls downfield like Mayer does.

He did it consistently in college.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
He does have some freaky highlight blocks. The guy isn't just a shield blocker. He can knock dudes backwards to a silly degree. If I draft Washington it's because I know he will be an impact blocker and has potential as a receiver. I know it's a bit silly to care that much about a TE's blocking but it can really help out a running game.
Parcells: We don't need any pretty boys!!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He is like a swing tackle at times. If we want to run, he, not injured back Kincaid, should be who you should be pounding the table for.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is like a swing tackle at times. If we want to run, he, not injured back Kincaid, should be who you should be pounding the table for.
Yeah he is like a swing tackle. Or you know how sometimes at the goal line you put an extra Olineman out there? He is that already. Except he is a better pass catcher/route running than any of those guys. So instead of bringing in a tackle eligible dude, you have the same thing on the field all the time.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I look for talent in the first round, and IMO speed at the RB position just fing kills. You can find productive bigger backs in later rounds or even in the very late rounds, but that breakaway speed and power is rare.

If we aren't positioned to find the stud DT we are looking for, then I want Jahmyr Gibbs at 26 (if Bijan Robinson is not available).

Hey it would be great if he slipped, but I think that 4.39 40 combined with his college production makes that impossible.

EDIT: 4.36 40

Last edited:

bleedsblue42021117

DCC 4Life
Where was that logic in 2016?
always an exception i mean teams took fournette, Barkley and others in the same range, it happens. Zeke was a player coming off B2B 1800 yard season and playoff games where he had couple 200 yard games , he was worth shot then comes in and sets rookie record for the DC at close to 1700 yards that nearly Emmitt's and Dorset's yards combined their rookie years, and a rookie NFL with campaign where he was the a catalyst to a 13 win season and playoff game a rushing title and would have backed it up with another in 17 if not for the suspension and another in 18. Imagine a player coming off b2b 1800 yard seasons in college and getting 3 straight NFL rushing crowns.. that's pretty dang great, id say that what they expected taking him 4th overall.

he was looked at as special and did some great things in the nfl stat wise, now 3rd all time as DC RB and that not an easy task.. like Dak, hes not his fault it didn't pay off. teams fell short but Zeke was no mistake at 4 it was the 2nd contract that tough to swallow.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I look for talent in the first round, and IMO speed at the RB position just fing kills. You can find productive bigger backs in later rounds or even in the very late rounds, but that breakaway speed and power is rare.

If we aren't positioned to find the stud DT we are looking for, then I want Jahmyr Gibbs at 26 (if Bijan Robinson is not available).

Hey it would be great if he slipped, but I think that 4.39 40 combined with his college production makes that impossible.

EDIT: 4.36 40
I think Robinson's official was 4.46.

Gibbs is interesting. I like him but I probably pass in the late first. He is fun to watch but gosh there are other RBs with speed. You want small and fast Achane has insane speed. Spears is a big play waiting to happen. Neither guy will cost you pick 26 but I think they could have a similar impact with the offense.

You want a big guy with speed, I'm all in on Israel Abanikanda.

So many good RBs in this draft. I could go on and on. I'd probably wait until the third/fourth for a guy. That's how long my list of RBs I like in this draft goes. I think there will be plenty of good RBs still around on day 3.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I think Robinson's official was 4.46.

Gibbs is interesting. I like him but I probably pass in the late first. He is fun to watch but gosh there are other RBs with speed. You want small and fast Achane has insane speed. Spears is a big play waiting to happen. Neither guy will cost you pick 26 but I think they could have a similar impact with the offense.

You want a big guy with speed, I'm all in on Israel Abanikanda.

So many good RBs in this draft. I could go on and on. I'd probably wait until the third/fourth for a guy. That's how long my list of RBs I like in this draft goes. I think there will be plenty of good RBs still around on day 3.
Gibbs has a combination of speed and productivity. He’s a playmaker with dimensions similar to Emmitt but speed no Cowboy back has had.

I would not call him a scat back by any stretch. Gibbs can be an every down back.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gibbs has a combination of speed and productivity. He’s a playmaker with dimensions similar to Emmitt but speed no Cowboy back has had.

I would not call him a scat back by any stretch. Gibbs can be an every down back.
Yeah I'm not calling Gibbs a scat back. I really like him. He is smaller but he runs great. Not a power back but a guy who is hard to hit. In the same sense that Pollard isn't a scat back. He didn't have a ton of carries in college but that's sort of a good thing.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate

Tony Dorsett or Herschel Walker both ran in the 4.3s. And I agree, Gibbs is no scat back, but he wouldn’t bring speed that the Cowboys have never seen; just speed at RB that we haven’t had in decades.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Gibbs is built nothing like Emmitt, he's 199 and has a slight frame, Emmitt was about 215 and was built like a brick shithouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom