2023 Cowboys Free Agency

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Probably totally meaningless, but I've done a bunch of the PFF simulator runs and time after time the best TE left in the second is the Iowa guy. All of the "top tier" guys are gone by then.
LaPorta might be better. I dunno, Kincade seems like he models his game after Schultz. He is my least favorite of the top guys.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
LaPorta might be better. I dunno, Kincade seems like he models his game after Schultz. He is my least favorite of the top guys.
If it were up to me I'd take Kancey or Bresee in the first if Mayer is gone, I just have a sneaking suspicion we go TE based on how they operate.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If it were up to me I'd take Kancey or Bresee in the first if Mayer is gone, I just have a sneaking suspicion we go TE based on how they operate.
Mayer is such a boring TE for me. Not athletic really at all. But I'd also be shocked if he wasn't a decent starting NFL TE.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Am I crazy or is the way this offseason has gone so far coupled with how we expect the draft to go going to give us the best depth we've had up and down the roster in a long, long time?
It has already been an amazing off-season. The draft should just make us even better for sure.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
It has already been an amazing off-season. The draft should just make us even better for sure.
I mean we need a couple DT's, a DE, a LB, a couple OL, TE, another WR that we'll get through remaining FA and draft. We'll draft a developmental QB. Sounds like a lot, but not really.

I'm fine with RB if they sign Jones. We can draft one next year.

We have 16 million in cap space and get an additional 10 with Zeke release.

p1_

DCC 4Life
yall dont like this dude? we still need heft in the middle.

Woods might be an upgrade over Hankins (who is unsigned) and is definitely ahead of Gallimore and Bohanna.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Am I crazy or is the way this offseason has gone so far coupled with how we expect the draft to go going to give us the best depth we've had up and down the roster in a long, long time?
It's really satisfying to see the Eagles lose so much and we lose basically no one we really want to keep while still having plenty of cap space.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I mean we need a couple DT's, a DE, a LB, a couple OL, TE, another WR that we'll get through remaining FA and draft. We'll draft a developmental QB. Sounds like a lot, but not really.

I'm fine with RB if they sign Jones. We can draft one next year.

We have 16 million in cap space and get an additional 10 with Zeke release.
I think you could bring in late round/UDFA WRs and RBs to fill out the rest of those spots but I’d be fine with Jones.

DT and LB may be the biggest holes on the team right now. They may not be glaring but at LB you don’t know what you have outside of Parsons and he is used as much as a rusher so that leaves a lot of unknown.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think you could bring in late round/UDFA WRs and RBs to fill out the rest of those spots but I’d be fine with Jones.

DT and LB may be the biggest holes on the team right now. They may not be glaring but at LB you don’t know what you have outside of Parsons and he is used as much as a rusher so that leaves a lot of unknown.
I mean you know what LVE is.

Tony D

DCC 4Life

We have Clark who anything he gave you last year was a plus with his injury. I expect him to take a step up. Cox not so much.

The thing is we really only need 2 LB's on the field with the way Quinn uses our safeties ie Wilson and Kearse.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have Clark who anything he gave you last year was a plus with his injury. I expect him to take a step up. Cox not so much.

The thing is we really only need 2 LB's on the field with the way Quinn uses our safeties ie Wilson and Kearse.
Yeah, we run 3 safeties most of the time, with one of them being basically a LBer replacement. I still like Cox but I can't pretend to have any idea why he hasn't been active on game days. What I saw in preseason though made me think he was ready to step up. So again, I don't really know what to think of him at this point.

Top Bottom