2023 Cowboys Free Agency

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Since when were the Cowboys ever considered the "offseason winner"?

Bowen is a Philly writer who basically has his head up his ass.

The way the offseason has gone for Dallas has been extremely solid.

Wait...did I just defend this team?

What the hell is going on?

p1_

DCC 4Life
Forget Bowen, lets focus on Kay Adams. Shes certainly qualified.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
She is the Wendy's of chicks. Still pretty nice, but I'd rather have a Big Mac.
Wendy's burgers, while they have declined significantly, are still more juicy than McD's.

Juicy is better.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don’t think we are locked into a TE in the first, but perhaps that analysis is being tainted by how fucking stupid it would be to lock into a TE in the first.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Probably totally meaningless, but I've done a bunch of the PFF simulator runs and time after time the best TE left in the second is the Iowa guy. All of the "top tier" guys are gone by then.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don’t think we are locked into a TE in the first, but perhaps that analysis is being tainted by how fucking stupid it would be to lock into a TE in the first.
I think people just think it because we let Schultz walk and didn't sign anyone. But I think that is a misunderstanding of what we did by drafting Ferguson last year. We had a plan, we executed it and Ferg showed exactly what you wanted from him last year to feel confident of what he can do next year.

Unlike Tolbert who we had similar intentions with, Ferguson actually went according to plan. So no, I don't think they view TE as a need. And unlike Cooks who is maybe a one or two year rental, Ferguson is going into only his second year.

I think most of the TE talk is a result of Jerry running his mouth at the Combine about what a good TE draft it is. But much like Beckham, I don't think Jerry is running anything directly anymore.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I think people just think it because we let Schultz walk and didn't sign anyone. But I think that is a misunderstanding of what we did by drafting Ferguson last year. We had a plan, we executed it and Ferg showed exactly what you wanted from him last year to feel confident of what he can do next year.

Unlike Tolbert who we had similar intentions with, Ferguson actually went according to plan. So no, I don't think they view TE as a need. And unlike Cooks who is maybe a one or two year rental, Ferguson is going into only his second year.

I think most of the TE talk is a result of Jerry running his mouth at the Combine about what a good TE draft it is. But much like Beckham, I don't think Jerry is running anything directly anymore.
Y'all fools are forgetting about my boy Hendershot.

• Haha
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Probably totally meaningless, but I've done a bunch of the PFF simulator runs and time after time the best TE left in the second is the Iowa guy. All of the "top tier" guys are gone by then.
I'd put money he is as good if not better than 2 to 3 of the TEs that go before him. And draft history tends to support that these first round TEs won't be all they are hyped to be.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'd put money he is as good if not better than 2 to 3 of the TEs that go before him. And draft history tends to support that these first round TEs won't be all they are hyped to be.
Wasn't commenting on LaPorta's ability, just saying that if you think you can wait to the second, you might not have much choice. And what if someone takes him before your spot, then you're looking at a group who may not be any better than Ferguson anyway.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wasn't commenting on LaPorta's ability, just saying that if you think you can wait to the second, you might not have much choice. And what if someone takes him before your spot, then you're looking at a group who may not be any better than Ferguson anyway.
I'm not sure they are better than Ferguson in the first place. But yeah I'm not banking on one of the top four making it to the second round pick. Nor do I care frankly. But if they did, I'd snatch one up as great value at that point.

Top Bottom