2023 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yikes indeed as he was the only one of two who actually played a bit in school.
Yeah not good times. Supplemental drafts don't seem to be too hot anymore. And most players that end up in one have issues. This is probably more a guy someone tries out after not being selected or a late pick.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah not good times. Supplemental drafts don't seem to be too hot anymore. And most players that end up in one have issues. This is probably more a guy someone tries out after not being selected or a late pick.
In today’s age with the NILs and the portal, I and surprised they are bothering to do this anymore.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
There were reports yesterday that things were blown out of proportion and he'd survive. I guess not.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There were reports yesterday that things were blown out of proportion and he'd survive. I guess not.
It sounded like typical hazing until it got more racial.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Would be a great hire for Northwestern in my opinion. But the guy is going to be a hot name in the NFL. Does he even want to be a college head coach?
Especially at Northwestern, which will never be a power.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Especially at Northwestern, which will never be a power.
True, but they're building a glitzy new stadium, and the boosters who will pay for it don't like tales of homoerotic shower hijinks and (possibly) racism, so Fitz had to go.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
True, but they're building a glitzy new stadium, and the boosters who will pay for it don't like tales of homoerotic shower hijinks and (possibly) racism, so Fitz had to go.
I wonder what actually happened. Confidentiality of reports is always annoying with this stuff.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Some of the racism stuff cited was absurd. The hazing, I don't know. Sounds kind of like what Parsons did, which is gross and stupid, but I don't know that the coach is responsible for all that.

ZeroClub

UFA
If Fitzgerald had a better record at Northwestern, he'd be a very attractive candidate for future jobs in the SEC.
SEC ADs love a guy with a scandal. By hiring the guy with a tainted past, the AD shows he's unapologetically committed to winning at all costs ("Winning is so important to me that I'm willing to hire a complete scoundrel who can win"). It's like Limburger cheese -- the stinkier, the better.
Plus, redemption stories play especially well in the Deep South. Many happily forgive and celebrate the fallen sinner who repents and rebuilds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom