2023 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Ed Reed lost his HC job at Bethune-Cookman before he could even officially take over. Mainly because of some recent social media rants about the conditions of the Bethune-Cookman campus.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Deion loved Zim when they were together in Dallas. I have a feeling Zim was one of the few guys with the balls to actually try to coach him and Deion respected that.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Looks like Oklahoma and Texas will be hanging around the Big 12 for a couple more years.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Player safety, right. Probably just the TV networks tired of 4 hour games running together.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Player safety, right. Probably just the TV networks tired of 4 hour games running together.
If they keep the clock running after incompletions that would be a huge mistake. It would change a huge portion of an offense's strategy, especially late in a game.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
If they keep the clock running after incompletions that would be a huge mistake. It would change a huge portion of an offense's strategy, especially late in a game.
Yep, that would be really stupid. Just keep the clock running after first downs if you want to. Basically adopt the NFL rules.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Very stupid rule change. It will make running out the clock at the end of the game too easy. Teams that struggle running can still pass it without fear of an incomplete pass stopping the clock. Do like CL said, and adopt the NFL clock rules. No more stopping the clock after a first down.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very stupid rule change. It will make running out the clock at the end of the game too easy. Teams that struggle running can still pass it without fear of an incomplete pass stopping the clock. Do like CL said, and adopt the NFL clock rules. No more stopping the clock after a first down.
I massaging they wouldn't have it apply within so many minutes of the end of a half. But even still, I think it's a bad idea.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I think we can all envision the fallout if a white coach had said that.
They'd absolutely be destroying him and rightfully so. It's a very lazy generalization and if that's his approach, he deserves to miss out on the great players his recruiting method purposely excludes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom