2023 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don’t have the confidence in the OU coach yet. I don’t believe he has an adequate offensive staff set up yet. Nothing I can put my finger on but the staff and personnel aren’t up to prior standards yet. Maybe they will surprise me.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don’t have the confidence in the OU coach yet. I don’t believe he has an adequate offensive staff set up yet. Nothing I can put my finger on but the staff and personnel aren’t up to prior standards yet. Maybe they will surprise me.
He has recruited well, and Jackson Arnold is coming. Did you follow him at all at Denton?

Cujo

DCC 4Life

I'm ok with the staff, personally, I just don't think Dillon Gabriel is a very good qb.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I thought Venables main problem was game day management. Now that he's sitting in the HC's chair I'd like to see him not be afraid to reel in Lebby (the OC) when he sees things going astray.

It felt like they had a miserable year because they finished with a 6-7 record, but 4 of those losses were by 3 points and 1 other was by 7 points. So clearly they're close and better situational decisions by Venables probably wins them at least 3 of those games.

There were too many instances last season where Venables allowed the offense to get too pass happy; especially in games where the defense was struggling. You'd like to see your head coach step in and tell the OC to run the ball and the clock more to help the defense out. Complimentary football. Hopefully we see more of that this season now that he has a year of experience under his belt.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

I see a 7-1 record.

They'll overlook Mizzou and catch an L in Columbia.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I saw something on this that made it sound like the team was surprised that they would be playing a bunch of SEC teams. Kind of sounds stupid after joining the SEC

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Damn, where will we get our shitty draft takes from now?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
kinda makes sense. did they really need Kiper and him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom