2022 Season | Week 6 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys at Eagles | 10/16/2022

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Get Smart
I think I've said this before on here but I wonder why I never see it on in syndication like most of the rest of these. Great, great show.

data

Forbes #1
Sanford and Son, The Jeffersons, and All in the Family were my favorite 3 shows from that era.
Sometimes I’d turn on TV to TBS or what we hoping for a good rerun and only show on was Beverly Hillbillies. Fuck that shit.

Man named Jed.

Although, now that I think about it, isn’t it kinda the same premise as Fresh Prince of Bel Air? Poor neighborhood folk goes to rich LA and comedy ensues.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Two of my all time favorites.

Also, I think the Facts of Life was 80s.
Could be. All I know is I watched almost all of these shows in the 80s so it's hard to remember when the shows started.

data

Forbes #1
You know they did.
Mork and Mindy? Or you referring to Robin Williams and Pam Dawber?

I recall reading an interview and Pam saying that Robin Williams would jokingly grope her or slap a tittie or something, but Pam didn’t take offense to it and recalled those memories onset fondly, even though todays times that sounds like sexual harassment. Didn’t get the impression that the actors boned, though.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Speaking of old shows -- this is 60s -- but is anyone else still confused by Batman? I'd never seen that show until my sister and I would go stay with our grandparents for a week in the summer and it was on channel 39. Even as a little kid I thought it was kind of weird, but now I'll watch a few minutes of it on one of the OTA subchannels and it's an absolute trip. Was everyone -- writers, directors, actors -- on acid for that show or what?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Mork and Mindy? Or you referring to Robin Williams and Pam Dawber?

I recall reading an interview and Pam saying that Robin Williams would jokingly grope her or slap a tittie or something, but Pam didn’t take offense to it and recalled those memories onset fondly, even though todays times that sounds like sexual harassment. Didn’t get the impression that the actors boned, though.

Mork and Mindy. I didn't know about the other stuff. It was definitely a different time. :lol

data

Forbes #1
I fucking loved game shows.

Richard Dawson Family Feud was the best Family Feud.
Richard Dawson was just so perfect for that role.
They’ve brought back some of these game shows and I’ve tried to watch them, but theyre just not as entertaining. Is it because I’ve changed or was it because i was really just watching the host?

Strahan did $25k Pyramid recently. Louie Anderson and Al Borland were horrible on Family Feud. I think Elizabeth Banks did Press Your Luck. Drew Carey not good enough on Price is Right even though he’s a longtimer. They’ve done the Peterman actor from Seinfeld on a bunch of remakes but he’s no good.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Saints would probably be better off sticking with Taysom today. Use those legs.

Top Bottom