2022 Season | Week 4 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Redskins at Cowboys | 10/02/2022

shoop

Semi-contributing member
He has always been fine, and it's mostly a testament to the depth we have had at the position since Cooper joined the team that he's not really had his chances. The rest I attest to his chemistry with Dak, as in there is none. Dak throws at this guy's feet when he's open or won't throw a contested intermediate pass.

I agree he lacks the extra gear Wilson has, but Brown's a much stronger short-intermediate target. He's also proved on occasion he can get deep too like with his 45 yard catch and drawn PI in recent games.

Overall, Brown is averaging more YPC (15.2) than Wilson in 2021 (13.4) and if you project even 75% of his current pace he still finishes the year with 58 catches for over 880 yards, well past 2021 Wilson (45/602).
I think you have it right here. Dak isn’t going to do well with possession receivers. He doesn’t trust them enough to throw the ball where they may have to fight for it. Brown is a good possession style receiver.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I admittedly missed most of the game but I did catch a few Pollard runs in what I did see and they were up the gut and gained almost nothing. He wasn't anything special either.

They were on to him. We need to start mixing shit up or teach him to block better.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
And the thing I always hate is this guy failed doing this before, etc. Just because someone failed somewhere doesn't mean they don't learn from that and also continue to get better as a head guy or as a coordinator. Guys can evolve and improve as they move forward in their careers. You would hope that's the case. Many examples of guys who struggled their first go round.
You know who has never failed? And don’t say Jesus Christ.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
He has always been fine, and it's mostly a testament to the depth we have had at the position since Cooper joined the team that he's not really had his chances. The rest I attest to his chemistry with Dak, as in there is none. Dak throws at this guy's feet when he's open or won't throw a contested intermediate pass.

I agree he lacks the extra gear Wilson has, but Brown's a much stronger short-intermediate target. He's also proved on occasion he can get deep too like with his 45 yard catch and drawn PI in recent games.

Overall, Brown is averaging more YPC (15.2) than Wilson in 2021 (13.4) and if you project even 75% of his current pace he still finishes the year with 58 catches for over 880 yards, well past 2021 Wilson (45/602).

If he finishes with that line, that would be amazing.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
And the thing I always hate is this guy failed doing this before, etc. Just because someone failed somewhere doesn't mean they don't learn from that and also continue to get better as a head guy or as a coordinator. Guys can evolve and improve as they move forward in their careers. You would hope that's the case. Many examples of guys who struggled their first go round.

And he's clearly an intelligent guy. I would bet good money he's learned quite a bit since then.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
As an aside, all of Cooper Rush’ rookie cards have went up like 500% :lol

That doesn’t mean anything. People have been paying stupid money for Justin Fields and Trey Lance cards for the last 16 months.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
As an aside, all of Cooper Rush’ rookie cards have went up like 500% :lol

That doesn’t mean anything. People have been paying stupid money for Justin Fields and Trey Lance cards for the last 16 months.
From a penny to $5.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Just watched the all-22 for the offense to focus on Tyler and while he had a few reps where he really struggled with his technique, he was solid overall. Sweat gave him a tough time on the first drive of the 2nd half but he was also 1-on-1 with him a bunch of times, including on both TD's, and he held up well.

He has a few issues with his angles where he'll leave open an inside lane vs. the run or miss handing off/picking up a twist, but those are things he'll get better at over time. I'm not against taking an LT high next year if they're the BPA (hello Jaelyn Duncan) and kicking him back inside to LG, but I'm also more than comfortable with him as our long-term LT if this is what he plays like as a rookie.

Some other random thoughts:

Jonathan Allen played out of his mind and him/Payne were largely the reason the Skins even stayed in the game. They were shutting down the run almost single-handedly, even whipping Martin a few times, with an assist from Moore's predictable play-calling.

There's barely any recognizable difference between Schultz and Ferguson. I'm sure once Dak is back Schultz will look better because of their chemistry and the fact that Dak looks for him, but it's telling when a backup barely even targets him, especially in that Bengals game. You think if we had a Kelce or Kittle that Rush wouldn't be throwing at them 10 times a game?

Top Bottom