2022 Season | Week 4 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Redskins at Cowboys | 10/02/2022

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's crazy how quickly a defense can be turned around. 2 years ago we were easily one of if not the worst defenses in the NFL. Now we are one of the best defenses in the NFL. Yes, Parsons is a massive part of that but we have done a great job of utilizing guys skillets. If Parsons went to a shitty D-coordinator he may just be a LBer right now.
What is this, a cooking contest now?

• Haha
Reactions: p1_

data

Forbes #1
It was 3rd and 3 and Samuel caught the ball 2-3 yards past the first down marker.

Jimmy G is the definition of a game manager/bus driver.

And Romo didn’t need plays that amazing catch and run from Barber to look good. He was fine all on his own. BTW, have we ever squandered more talent than in 2008?
Correction. ~Six yard pass on 3rd &3.

Again, nobody's disagreeing that Jimmy G benefits from surrounding cast. 49ers tried to offload him very publicly. Just that NFL QB stat-tracking has been this way for a long time. For analytics nerds keeping track, through Week 4, Garropolo is QB rating #14, ESPN's QBR #27 and Football Outsiders #14 DYAR.

Clarification - I didn't post Barber's TD to prove a point about Romo = Garoppolo. Just the short pass into TD reminded me of that amazing play.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Correction. ~Six yard pass on 3rd &3.

Again, nobody's disagreeing that Jimmy G benefits from surrounding cast. 49ers tried to offload him very publicly. Just that NFL QB stat-tracking has been this way for a long time. For analytics nerds keeping track, Garropolo is QB rating #14, ESPN's QBR #27 and Football Outsiders #14 DYAR.

Clarification - I didn't post Barber's TD to prove a point about Romo = Garoppolo. Just the short pass into TD reminded me of that amazing play.
Shanny's offense is impressive. The amount of short passes and creativity in his offense is impressive. And the timing and execution is spot on. Garrapolo is limited but he can snap those quick passes off really well and let everyone else make those plays work flawlessly.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Foobio

DCC 4Life
I’m having a hard time believing Jim Nance cares about Tony Romos time in college

Top Bottom