2022 Season | Week 2 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Bengals @ Cowboys | 9/18/2022

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Getting a carry or target on 16 of 24 snaps feels dangerously close to telegraphing that he's getting the ball whenever he's in. Not great.
Yeah the team needs to be careful about that otherwise teams are going to just focus on Pollard if he is in the game. They need to start using him as a decoy on some of that stuff. Fake it to Pollard and go the opposite direction.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd guess around 15/40 or so?
Yeah I think this all comes from the fact that Zeke is a good blocker. So they really only want to pull him in favor of Pollard when Pollard is getting the ball. But they are just going to have to trust that Pollard can dive at a dudes legs or provide a serviceable level of blocking. You can't make it too obvious. It's sort of like you can't only use Turpin on offense when he is getting the ball. It just becomes too obvious. Hopefully this is just a one game quirk. Turpin for example had 5 snaps but only one touch. So they did a good job of not just putting him on the field for him to get the ball.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
can you believe the guy is actually improving? He is a freak, y'all.

That's the thing that's impressing me right now. After his great rookie year, he could have glided through the offseason and assumed he didn't need to work hard to improve; there are definitely guys that would have. He just has that hunger and it's awesome to watch him never be satisfied. He was great last season and somehow he's even better so far this season. It's impressive.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah the team needs to be careful about that otherwise teams are going to just focus on Pollard if he is in the game. They need to start using him as a decoy on some of that stuff. Fake it to Pollard and go the opposite direction.
Just get them on the field at the same time. They can't focus on them both.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I really hope the staff is proactive in looking at Peters at LG once he's ready, as opposed to waiting for it to become a glaring issue
Or just move Smith back to LG where he was expected to play this year. Of course, that would delay his progress as a LT, so there's a dilemma here.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Test

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Or just move Smith back to LG where he was expected to play this year. Of course, that would delay his progress as a LT, so there's a dilemma here.

Maybe although Smith has played so well that I'm begining to wonder if he isn't better than Peters at LT. Getting your 5 best on the field at all times is a great concept. But at the same time LT is the most important position and you want the best LT on your roster to play and start there. All depends how good Peters is I guess.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
Maybe although Smith has played so well that I'm begining to wonder if he isn't better than Peters at LT. Getting your 5 best on the field at all times is a great concept. But at the same time LT is the most important position and you want the best LT on your roster to play and start there. All depends how good Peters is I guess.
Agreed, roll with him at LT. We dont need a rusty Peters moving laterally against top DEs.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

At this point it would be retarded to move Smith back to guard when he's doing so well at LT. But then again Mosher is retarded.

Top Bottom