2022 Season | Week 2 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Bengals @ Cowboys | 9/18/2022

p1_

DCC 4Life
Barr was really good, the 15 yarder on the first drive stung but after that he made a bunch of plays including a clutch TFL on a TE screen around midfield that kind of torpedoed that drive.

Once he's settled in he's probably going to be our best LB.
He got the snaps yesterday.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He may have not gotten the actual sacks but his disruption caused more than just the 2 sacks on the stat sheet.
Not downplaying his performance, but when you see ownage like that, it does not always translate onto the stat sheet.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Not downplaying his performance, but when you see ownage like that, it does not always translate onto the stat sheet.
And just remember that the Bengals OT's are probably one of the top 5 or so tandems that we'll face this year.

Tampa is a clear number one, then you have the Eagles, Lions, Packers as a step above the Bengals, and then maybe the Texans or Jaguars who are about even.

So you could argue that the opportunities for Parsons are about to start opening up even more.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Notice Smith 1-on-1 with Hendrickson. Schultz's alignment helps to widen Hendrickson but he doesn't actually make any contact with him, Smith is out there on his own and handles him well.

The funny thing is that the technique isn't even finetuned at all, he's kind of just playing on instinct and natural ability. Once that improves he's going to be putting people to sleep like Tyron.

Also notice Farniok being abused, which is why I'd love to see Peters at LG.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This is the sort of technique I was talking about last year that he hadn't fully honed yet.

He's more or less already beaten Collins to the inside but he guarantees it by using his outside arm to club at the inside arm of Collins, combined with a light swim to clear his entire frame and give himself a free run at the QB.

He still has room for improvement though and like I've said a few times, I think he's going to end up being better than Ware and potentially in the pantheon of the greatest defensive players of all time (LT, White, Donald, Sanders, Deacon, Lewis, etc.).

• Props
Reactions: p1_

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is the sort of technique I was talking about last year that he hadn't fully honed yet.

He's more or less already beaten Collins to the inside but he guarantees it by using his outside arm to club at the inside arm of Collins, combined with a light swim to clear his entire frame and give himself a free run at the QB.

He still has room for improvement though and like I've said a few times, I think he's going to end up being better than Ware and potentially in the pantheon of the greatest defensive players of all time (LT, White, Donald, Sanders, Deacon, Lewis, etc.).
He has already wrecked more games in his first 20 contests than Ware did his whole time in Dallas.

p1_

DCC 4Life

dont look now, but Parsons dominance helps out guys like Dorance.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Dak just doesn’t throw the sideline deep ball well at all.
No he does not and I made the very same point way back when Dez was still here.

Dez still had a lot left in the tank in both 2016 and 2017 but what he did best was stuff Dak was weakest at.

So many of those jump balls were so under thrown and that was what Romo excelled at -- getting that ball high and at the far shoulder.

Top Bottom