2022 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
You’re probably right, but you know they are going to hype the shit out of that game however they can.

I kind of think they want the game to be pretty low-key. They worry about bad press quite a bit, and I doubt the press for this will be positive.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That would be the perfect end to this primadonna fucks career. Don't say shit about it, then just leave your team high and dry right before the season starts.
I would laugh my fucking ass off.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Triggered might not have been the best word to use there.
That media session he held was pretty cringe.

He'd have been better off just allowing the Browns PR staff to issue a standard generic statement on his and the organizations behalf.

It's the Browns we're talking about, though. So of course they bungled this.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
That would be the perfect end to this primadonna fucks career. Don't say shit about it, then just leave your team high and dry right before the season starts.
It's weird that literally no one in the national media is talking about this lengthy absence. Especially with it being right in the middle of training camp.

This would be a huge story if it involved 31 other teams and their starting QB.

I understand he's earned the benefit of the doubt and he probably doesn't need these extra reps, but I believe there is still something to be gained from building rapport with your teammates. For instance, this hurts the players on offense who now have to rely on Blaine Gabbert and Kyle Trask to make the roster.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's weird that literally no one in the national media is talking about this lengthy absence. Especially with it being right in the middle of training camp.

I understand he's earned the benefit of the doubt and he probably doesn't need these extra reps, but I believe there is still something to be gained from building rapport with your teammates. For instance, this hurts the players on offense who now have to rely on Blaine Gabbert and Kyle Trask to make the roster.
It's weird. I think he may be questioning the unretiring. But watch him walk in right before our game and light our asses up. It's a very Tom Brady move.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Right. He is untouchable in the press. Hell, look no further than his involvement with the Patriots cheating scandals. He gives some flip comment about underinflated footballs or his destroyed cell phone, and that's good enough for them. Moving on... If that would have been any other QB, he would have been raked over the coals.

For instance, this hurts the players on offense who now have to rely on Blaine Gabbert and Kyle Trask to make the roster.
Right. This is part of what I meant by calling him a primadonna. He doesn't give a damn about anybody but himself. If he does decide to retire, this screws the Bucs. It's not like a decision this big just came out of the blue. He could have gave them time to find somebody better than Gabbert and Trask. And like you said, the bubble guys that might have had a better chance to show what they can do with him at practice vs some journey man schlub running the offense. Either to make the Bucs, or put out good tape to help them catch on with another team.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's the Browns we're talking about, though. So of course they bungled this.
Haslam did not make it any better. He kept on and on about second chances and other horseshit.

Second chance guys don't get that kind of contract just handed to them.

I can't see how any Browns fan could give a single shit about them this year.

It is not like the likes of Brissett are going to be able to keep them afloat for 11 games.

And let's be real, there is no goddamn way, even if Watson were a complete fucking saint, that he could navigate physically through a several on lay off, win over his teammates/fanbase, and then also perservere mentally to become this franchise QB people think he can be.

It is just not happening. You couldn't hand a stacked deck like that to a real talent and expect results.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't think maturity is Mayfield's problem, it's more that he simply isn't physically talented enough.

And he's always thought he was better than he was, which leads to making dumb throws he shouldn't make. Maybe he could make it as more a Drew Brees style QB, but too often he thinks he has Josh Allen's arm.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Shit. Most teams would employ a serial killer at QB. That is how hard the position is to scout and also how few men on the planet can play at the NFL level.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
When does Cleveland go to Buffalo? The fans already throw dildos on the field. Cant imagine what they will throw when he comes to town.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Wait, so Jerry is not gonna trade for him??!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom