2022 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree but then you will get complaints about the condition of the fields in Green Bay, Chicago, Cincy, Cleveland, and the rest. Can't make everyone happy.
There is no perfect solution. Players complain about the quality of natural grass fields all the time.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I hate fake grass almost as much as I hate kickers.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They should play on concrete slabs covered in Astroturf.
Yeah they bitch because the natural grass is too long or too short. That it's too hard or to soft. That it's not level enough because you know, cleats dig holes in dirt.

data

Forbes #1
Let’s see where this goes…There are approximately 32,640 plays per season (60 plays per game x 17 games x 32 teams).

Multiply that by 11 players per team and that’s 359,040 chances for an NFL player to have an injury during the NFL season.

I have no idea how many ACL-ish injuries there are per season, but let’s say 100.

100/32,640 = 0.3% of an ACL injury per team
100/359,040 = 0.03% of ACL injury per player

Obviously simplified as not all turf is created equal, grass field games included, not all positions get ACL-ish injuries equally…

…the point is if there’s enough ACL-ish injuries for this to even be an issue.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
…the point is if there’s enough ACL-ish injuries for this to even be an issue.
If another player caves your knee in, it won't matter what the surface is. I think they're more concerned about non-contact injuries, as with Gallup and Beckham.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just turned on the Falcons/Pats SB and the Falcons just went up 28-3.

My best recollection was that Shanahan blew it by not running. Going to check it out again.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
My best recollection was that Shanahan blew it by not running.
pretty much, but the sequence of plays after Julius Jones' amazing catch was abysmal. the game turned on Hightower's sack/fumble.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
pretty much, but the sequence of plays after Julius Jones' amazing catch was abysmal. the game turned on Hightower's sack/fumble.
Not really. That was a haymaker.

The decision to pass on 3rd and 33. They should have been concerned about burning time.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I remember thinking, "They're gonna need two touchdowns and two two-point conversions." But that's exactly what happened.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I remember thinking, "They're gonna need two touchdowns and two two-point conversions." But that's exactly what happened.
This was really remarkable and I didn't get it at the time.

They actually set up Marcellus Bennett twice to be the hero and then James White said fuck it, I will do it.

Then damn...Kraft was so fucking tanked.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Just turned on the Falcons/Pats SB and the Falcons just went up 28-3.

My best recollection was that Shanahan blew it by not running. Going to check it out again.
One of my favorite non-Cowboys Super Bowls.

I had actually come to grips with having to live in a life where the Falcons were SB champs.

EPIC crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom