2022 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
I don't think Cooper wants to be here anymore, nor do I think the team really wants him anymore. They'd probably like to get his money off the books and I think the unvaccinated shit pissed off Jerry.

He needs to play on a west coast or dome team. He's useless in cold weather.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Bring in Brian Flores and let him pick his crew. End this right now. Give him as much time as he needs.
Why is everyone on the internets so in love with Flores all of a sudden?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Maybe not a huge deal, but I'd like to keep Anger. Sadly, he was one of the best and most consistent players on the team. A real advantage, particularly with what we were used to with Jones.
Anger was one of the two or three best players on the team this year. Seriously.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
Why is everyone on the internets so in love with Flores all of a sudden?

did you see what he did wiht Miami? MIAMI? if he cant do it here in Dallas, we know its JJ and its over anyway. Who would you like, possibly another college coach to flame out in the NFL? some retread?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
how many HCs job has he had?" Do you honestly think and feel he was the problem in Miami?
I have nothing against the man whatsoever. I wouldn't have fired him if I were Miami given all the other openings and what looks to be a bunch of spare candidates.

But I also don't see what makes him so coveted by so many people all of a sudden.

But I guess if he went 9-8 here, you'd be happy with it.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
I have nothing against the man whatsoever. I wouldn't have fired him if I were Miami given all the other openings and what looks to be a bunch of spare candidates.

But I also don't see what makes him so coveted by so many people all of a sudden.

But I guess if he went 9-8 here, you'd be happy with it.

yes please understand im not saying my choice is the right choice. but what is out there vs something new and fresh, right now i want to take a chance on new and fresh and I COULD BE WAY WRONG because i think we all know who the problem is. but if we re going to have a HC, lets get someone who he might fall in love with. Idk, i dont need what you did i need does JJ love you im hoping he sees BF as a shiney new toy.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't really think that's the case unless the front office decides they want it to be the case by cutting guys like Cooper or Lawrence. If we lose guys like Connor Williams, Dorance Armstrong and LVE that isn't going to dramatically change our team.
Shut your mouth good sir

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
And this stuff about "windows closing" is all horse shit. Every contender around the league has key guys who are aging or about to be a FA, that's what happens in the NFL, you always have to replenish your roster.

We have quite literally a top 10 QB in the league who is under 30, theoretically one of the best WR duos in the league who are also both under 30, and two 1st team All Pro defenders under 25.

Is there work to do on the roster?

Yes, there always is, but this "window closing" talk is always over the top drama whoring bullshit when something disappointing happens.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
yes please understand im not saying my choice is the right choice. but what is out there vs something new and fresh, right now i want to take a chance on new and fresh and I COULD BE WAY WRONG because i think we all know who the problem is. but if we re going to have a HC, lets get someone who he might fall in love with. Idk, i dont need what you did i need does JJ love you im hoping he sees BF as a shiney new toy.
I think Jerry and Stephen love them some McCarthey. I dont buy into the report of them firing him to keep Moore.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
I think Jerry and Stephen love them some McCarthey. I dont buy into the report of them firing him to keep Moore.

i agree with you. its a sad affair, not me agreeing with you, the MM situation. just didnt want that to get awkward

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And this stuff about "windows closing" is all horse shit. Every contender around the league has key guys who are aging or about to be a FA, that's what happens in the NFL, you always have to replenish your roster.

We have quite literally a top 10 QB in the league who is under 30, theoretically one of the best WR duos in the league who are also both under 30, and two 1st team All Pro defenders under 25.

Is there work to do on the roster?

Yes, there always is, but this "window closing" talk is always over the top drama whoring bullshit when something disappointing happens.
Yeah, we aren't set to lose any all pros in the offseason that's for sure. I prioritize Gregory because I think he is really good when healthy and on the field. But beyond that, you're talking about a bunch of role players. I guess Schultz but I just don't see him as an overly important piece. I like him but I think what he does is replaceable.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I could see where the penalty problems and game management miscues and fuckups would cause concern and frustrate even the most ardent MM proponent.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
One of my favorite players at the moment and hate to see him go, but I'll never understand how he and Dak couldn't be on the same page against SF.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
Yeah, we aren't set to lose any all pros in the offseason that's for sure. I prioritize Gregory because I think he is really good when healthy and on the field. But beyond that, you're talking about a bunch of role players. I guess Schultz but I just don't see him as an overly important piece. I like him but I think what he does is replaceable.

hes not getting younger, time to go younger and get someone who ll be here for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom