2022 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Again, Quinn is the guy I want to keep of the two but he is going to be a hot commodity that I think is gone unfortunately. I just pray we have the intelligence to get on the phone with Vic Fangio the second that happens as opposed to some lame ass promotion from within. And maybe Vic can help the offense by telling them what retards they are for letting him shut them down so easily and starting this spiral.

I'm not convinced anyone will hire Kellen Moore as their head coach. I think he will get plenty of interviews but ultimately be passed over. We will see though. I'm ok with making a more drastic move on offense and making Dak and these offensive guys learn something new and different. But if no one hires Kellen Moore I think he is back as the OC.

I was a little worried about losing Quinn prior to yesterday but now I don't really care. Plenty of coaches can get us to 1 and done in the playoffs. Take all of them for all I care.

Genghis Khan

Speaking of retarded, the idea that any of this is on a guy who barely has an official title is at best heavily misguided.

Can we start the blame with the guys actually in charge? Jesus Christ.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The notion that they might fire McCarthy if they lost yesterday was patently retarded from the jump.
But I bet you...this will be a Blogging The Boys Tweet in two months: 5 Candidates to Replace Mike McCarthy!

Genghis Khan

I'd be fine with McAdoo. That would mean MM would really be the OC, or at the very least he and MM would be on the same page.

Then if Mike can't do any better, you can fire him. But at least you gave him a shot with his way, not the OC that was possibly forced on him.

Exactly how I feel.

It wasn't good enough this season. I'd far rather try something different.

If McAdoo is what McCarthy is comfortable with, so be it.

Honestly McAdoo was a joke as a HC, but was he really that bad as an OC? He got a HC shot for a reason. His offenses seem to have been pretty good.

Genghis Khan

McAdoo's offenses as a coordinator ranked 13th in 2014 and 6th in 2015, for the record.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Meh, just re-sign Schultz and Gregory, along with a few of the lower tier guys like Wilson/Watkins/Anger, etc. and the roster will be fine. Will the coaches be able to do much more than 10-11 wins and maybe a playoff win with it?

Probably not.
There are very few guys I’d worry about on that list. I’d keep Schultz and Gallup, fuck Gregory and his mistake prone ass. Maybe keep Kearse. No one else is a loss.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was a little worried about losing Quinn prior to yesterday but now I don't really care. Plenty of coaches can get us to 1 and done in the playoffs. Take all of them for all I care.
Yeah, I'm really full on the Vic Fangio train. I have a ton of respect for what he is capable of as a defensive coordinator and I think we have a lot of pieces that fit what he wants to do.

But I don't trust the Cowboys to not fuck the hire up royally. And I think Quinn deserves more than one year here. He made unbelievable strides in one year and think it could be even better in year two. Of course I say that but Quinn won't be sad because if he leaves it's to be a head coach in the NFL again.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Am I the only one who watched that PC and thought it was pretty clear McCarthy was joking when he said that?

data

Forbes #1
Next year we play 1st place schedule, less bitching about opportunities to play winning teams

We play Packers, Rams and Bengals that nobody else in NFC East does

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Jason Garrett will be faxing his OC resume multiple time per day. Calling the front desk after each time he submits it to tell them to watch for it to come through.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Anyone else wish Tom Brady could have come here for 2-3 years?

We’d have let Dak go play somewhere else and be looking for a new QB next year or the year after anyway.

If nothing else it would have been nice to see Brady crash and burn here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom