2022 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Agree. Very damning of Moore. Not so much Prescott because he's not designing the plays. But what Warner said at the beginning about getting the ball out of the QB's hand is also Moore's fault.

Moore better hope Jerry never sees this video. If I were Jerry (or an owner) I'd have some people sitting in my office, watching it, asking how the fuck does this guy have this figured out and you don't? Doesn't seem rocket science. Get it figured out in the off season or hit the fuckin' bricks.

I mostly agree but i think you're absolving Dak too much. Warner pointed out a lot of very basic stuff that Dak isn't doing. Things like reading the coverage outside in, reading the hot routes on blitzes, backpeddling to buy enough time for a play to develop, getting the ball out confidently without hesitation, etc.

All of that is on the QB and not the play design.

Now if you want to say Dak's coaching has failed him if he's failing to do such basic things, you may be right. But i can't imagine no one's ever told him these things. Maybe old habits just die hard.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Not very happy with the tone of this PC. A lot of explaining of things we already know (like the O-line shuffle) but zero explanations. Fuck this guy going forward.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I mostly agree but i think you're absolving Dak too much. Warner pointed out a lot of very basic stuff that Dak isn't doing. Things like reading the coverage outside in, reading the hot routes on blitzes, backpeddling to buy enough time for a play to develop, getting the ball out confidently without hesitation, etc.

All of that is on the QB and not the play design.

Now if you want to say Dak's coaching has failed him if he's failing to do such basic things, you may be right. But i can't imagine no one's ever told him these things. Maybe old habits just die hard.
His mechanics were way off, especially after the calf injury. I still don't buy it as a great excuse as his mental processing was not great either.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

It is now Wednesday. Did he have several days of sad massages booked or something?

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
Mike "I watched every second of every NFL game after I got fired" McCarthy hasn't studied the most important game of the season yet, in which his team got embarrassed, 72 hours after the fact? I'm shocked.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Not very happy with the tone of this PC. A lot of explaining of things we already know (like the O-line shuffle) but zero explanations. Fuck this guy going forward.

He does seem pretty defensive, although I admittedly haven't heard the press conference. It's factually accurate though. He's won in this league.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Mike "I watched every second of every NFL game after I got fired" McCarthy
He admitted he lied about that at the introductory press conference. Jerry should have canned him on the spot.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Mike "I watched every second of every NFL game after I got fired" McCarthy hasn't watched the most important game of the season yet, in which his team got embarrassed? I'm shocked.
I call bullshit on the amount of plays he watched during his hiatus. He did not learn a damn thing. He hires a shithead like Nolan and then squanders an outstanding job by Quinn. I have no interest in anything that comes out of his fat mouth now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He does seem pretty defensive, although I admittedly haven't heard the press conference. It's factually accurate though. He's won in this league.
Once. And failed several times with perhaps one of the greatest QBs of all time. Guys like Brian Billick can claim they have won and so on. The guy really thinks he is hot shit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Then they made a crucial error playing him over Pollard and hell even Clement for the last 12 weeks of the season. At the very least, the final 3 games and especially the finale, he should have been rested if surgery is not needed.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
His mechanics were way off, especially after the calf injury. I still don't buy it as a great excuse as his mental processing was not great either.
When the injury happened I remember hearing a lot about how calf injuries linger and this will impact him the rest of the season. I wrote it off in all honesty. I have no fucking clue at this point but there was so much more going wrong on offense than just Dak and that's what's really concerning to me. Shit, our blockers couldn't even figure out how to block a screen correctly against the 49ers. This is basic shit but both lineman go inside and the corner is right there to blow it up. That reeks of piss poor preparation by the offense and that tells me there are issues on the coaching side of things. A blown block is one thing but when these guy don't know who to block on a simple play that's inexcusable.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Then they made a crucial error playing him over Pollard and hell even Clement for the last 12 weeks of the season. At the very least, the final 3 games and especially the finale, he should have been rested if surgery is not needed.
I'd been saying it for weeks to sit Zeke if he isn't healthy. But I'm just a Joe Fan and clearly don't understand these things. Dumbasses

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Dak needs to spend the offseason watching film with Kurt Warner. Is there anyone in the QB room pointing this stuff out to him?

Or maybe Jerry just opens the pocketbook and see if Kurt is interested in leaving TV.

Play 1: Schultz has 0 separation against the CB, you can say Dak should've thrown it to him but I think there's more going on there than just Prescott not reading it because Schultz isn't even really running a route, your only options there are a 50/50 ball or a back shoulder. The bigger issue I have here is Dak's mechanics in the pocket look like shit with his base spread so wide, ideally you'd like him to be able to hop back in the pocket a bit to reset his base and throw, but with his legs spread that wide there's no chance of that happening. His front leg being so far out in front throws off everything with the throwing motion because that leg is basically locked out.

Play 2: Speaks for itself, this is basically the exact same defense we've been seeing for weeks if not months with 7 dropping in zones. It's more or less the exact same thing Arizona was running 2 weeks ago, and here we are still running shit concepts against it.

Play 3: Again, speaks for itself. Many of us have been saying for a while that the team is sloppy and undisciplined, most easily noticed due to the penalties, but little details like this really speak to how poor the coaching is.

Play 4: This is a bit ridiculous, he's saying "boom here's your completion" as Bosa and the DT who whipped Connor Williams (laying on the ground like a fucking dead fish) are bearing down literally within an arm's reach of Prescott and seemingly even touching him. Personally, I was bitching about how they needed to try to pop a draw to Pollard on this exact play after completing several passes in a row for first downs, with how soft the 49ers coverage was a play like that could've easily got 8-10 yards.

Play 5: The way Fred Warner immediately diagnoses and runs out towards the boundary with no concern whatsoever of a route coming in behind him over the middle speaks to how simplistic our offense is. He knows exactly what's happening and leaves a massive void in the middle of the field because he's seen the same shit on film over and over. It's actually a good read by Dak, but again, we have 7 dropping into zones, the exact same shit we've been seeing for weeks, and there's no ability from our coaches to build counters off counters off counters.

Play 6: This is literally the exact same play as play 5 against more or less the exact same look, just with the formation flipped. The middle of the field is wide open, the 49ers already showed how they'd defend this, just slightly tweak the play to have the slot WR to the top of the screen run a Dig about 12-15 yards over the middle and it's wide open. I mean, come on, this is high school shit. And nobody is scared of Elliott leaking out into the flat.

Play 7: Really? Again? And still no adjustment against the. exact. same. look.

Play 8: Terrible read by Dak, not much more to say.

Play 9: Dak's fault but you're also asking him to drop a perfect dime 30 yards downfield into the middle of a 7 man zone, on 3rd and 16 by the way. Oh, and there is a DT getting pressure within 1 step of him as Warner is saying "get rid of it".

Play 10: Dak's fault for sure, over the last 2 months of the season he seems to have a tendency to completely ignore one side of the field based on his pre-snap read. That's a major issue, but it's not something that just all of a sudden shows up 6 years in, it's probably a function of not trusting his protection.

Play 11: Nothing there at all, somehow the 49ers are running the exact same kind of look (4 man rush, 7 zone drop) and we still have literally no answers.

Play 12: This is nitpicking, you want Dak to fit it in to Noah Brown with a safety over the top and Fred Warner buzzing underneath for 5-6 yards instead of hitting Turner for...5-6 yards? And there isn't a huge window there either way. Wilson out of the slot at the top of the screen is probably the better read, and I think another example of Dak ignoring one side of the field based on pre-snap reads, but the result is the same.

Play 13: There's nothing there, again, 4 man rush, 7 man zone drop, still nothing schemed up to beat it.

Play 14: Self-explanatory.

Play 15: On Dak for missing Schultz and arguably Cooper, poor mechanics with his feet in the pocket and too wide of a base, but the point about Wilson not looking for the hot read until he's 10 yards downfield is apt. Just another example of poor execution (Dak) and poor design/sloppiness on the hot read.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'd been saying it for weeks to sit Zeke if he isn't healthy. But I'm just a Joe Fan and clearly don't understand these things. Dumbasses
Only certain players should have authority over if they are in or not. Right now that list for the cowboys should only have Parsons on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom