2022 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo
Payton is probably just angling for a bigger contract. Seems like the old Parcells boys learned well from the master.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, that is more likely than anything at the end of the day. Their ownership is not that stable, so I am sure he wants to set himself up for retirement.
Their talent on the roster is kind of mediocre at best too. New Orleans is in a rebuild and I don't know if Sean Payton really wants to do that. I also think he could do great with Dak.

But he is under contract so he can't really just leave for another team right now.

Callahan could also probably help Kellen Moore. The guy has been a coach in the NFL a long time and knows more than just Oline. Wonder if we could call him a OL coach/assistant head coach and sign him.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Can we finally all acknowledge that McCarthy did a lot more than just "had Aaron Rodgers" in GB?

Obviously there's a lot more to winning than that.

Maybe McCarthy won't work out in Dallas. But he's a good coach and his resume is one of the strongest in the league.
Even if he doesn't work out in Dallas I still strongly believe he was an upgrade over Garrett. Jerry & Stephen just need to get out of the habit of saddling their head coaches with Jones family pet cats (Moore & Garrett).

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Their talent on the roster is kind of mediocre at best too. New Orleans is in a rebuild and I don't know if Sean Payton really wants to do that. I also think he could do great with Dak.

But he is under contract so he can't really just leave for another team right now.
He could step down and chill for a year. He would then be the most coveted coach on the market.

Last edited:

p1_

DCC 4Life

Callahan could also probably help Kellen Moore. The guy has been a coach in the NFL a long time and knows more than just Oline. Wonder if we could call him a OL coach/assistant head coach and sign him.
was Callahans exit from Dallas solely because the power struggle he had with Garrett?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
was Callahans exit from Dallas solely because the power struggle he had with Garrett?
Yeah I think he was upset by the way Garrett limited what he was allowed to do with regards to the offense. Supposedly he was also upset because we blocked his interviews to be an OC somewhere else. Not sure if that was Garrett or Jerry but I think it was Garrett.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yeah I think he was upset by the way Garrett limited what he was allowed to do with regards to the offense. Supposedly he was also upset because we blocked his interviews to be an OC somewhere else. Not sure if that was Garrett or Jerry but I think it was Garrett.
I've always heard it was Jerry that wouldn't let him leave, Garrett wanted him gone

• Props
Reactions: p1_

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yeah Aaron Rodgers for all his talent and physical tools doesn't always play the greatest in the playoffs or at least his teams don't. Top RB, top WR and a good defense. And they just went one and done with Aaron Rodgers.

It's not easy to win in the playoffs unless Tom Brady is your QB.
The playoffs are about the only time when weaknesses like #2 WR and crappy special teams be actually be exploited.

Congrats to the 49ers for being able to do so in a game where they were otherwise outclassed.

Oh yeah, and fuck the 49ers

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo
Have to like Munchak just for the tough-guy factor, but he's been at a lot of stops now. Not sure if he's really that much better.

I still want to know why earlier in the year the OL was functioning great even with injuries, then everything suddenly changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom