2022 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I still want to know why earlier in the year the OL was functioning great even with injuries, then everything suddenly changed.
Film, and quality of competition. First two games were the toughest all year. And they had no film.

Fangio got a rush on us, and I don’t think we adjusted really— 49ers used the same gameplan. Once Zeke got hurt everything got worse since balance and play action wasn’t as effective.

Against the bracket coverage, Dak held the football longer and that makes he OL look worse. This wasn’t exactly 2016’s great OL

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have to like Munchak just for the tough-guy factor, but he's been at a lot of stops now. Not sure if he's really that much better.

I still want to know why earlier in the year the OL was functioning great even with injuries, then everything suddenly changed.
Yeah many were singing his praises when Steele was out their playing great at RT. But things just fell apart as the season went on. Whatever the reason I'm not sure. But we also had a lot of penalties this year via the Oline and the blocking went to shit. So I definitely think a change would be a good thing.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Have to like Munchak just for the tough-guy factor, but he's been at a lot of stops now. Not sure if he's really that much better.

Most OL coaches move around a lot. He is pretty damn good and honestly wasn't a completely horrid head coach.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most OL coaches move around a lot. He is pretty damn good and honestly wasn't a completely horrid head coach.
Yeah it's normal. Just like any really good position coach teams are going to look at them to possibly move up. And sometimes guys are just really good as a position coach and that's it.

I've been talking about Callahan. The guy has been all over and yet to me he is one of the best Oline coaches there is.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Yep. I've said the same thing. McCarthy and Payton have very similar resumes. In fact, McCarthy has made more championship games and has done it with 2 different QBs ( Payton has only done it with Brees).

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep. I've said the same thing. McCarthy and Payton have very similar resumes. In fact, McCarthy has made more championship games and has done it with 2 different QBs ( Payton has only done it with Brees).
I think Payton is better at scheming up an offense and a better coach but yeah their resumes aren't much different.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think Payton is better at scheming up an offense and a better coach but yeah their resumes aren't much different.
I agree, resumes aren't very different but the Saints offense was always way more impressive to me in it's design. He's also shown way more of a focus/desire to build around the OL/run game than McCarthy did in Green Bay.

And nobody has ever questioned his in-game decision making the way people did in Green Bay.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Defenses stopped blitzing. That was the change.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Philbin was out with the covids at one point midseason, and they never rebounded...but that just doesn't make sense how they could fall apart for the rest of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom