2022 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He may, no one has hired their head coaches yet but most of us during the season didn't think either guy would get hired yet. But then the firings and interviews started. I still think Quinn leaves as hard as I think that actually will be for him. I think he actually loves his job.
Has anyone thought how things sort of changed after Quinn won the New Orleans game? Personality of the team changed a bit.

I don't think the Cowboys adapt very well to having a defensive football team.

They need the starpower on offense and quite frankly, we ain't got the Triplets nor the Great Wall.

p1_

DCC 4Life
It was him playing his usual Woodshed con. Nothing ever fucking happens. He looks in the mirror and does jack and shit.
This seems like a more angry Jerry, even if it is fake.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This seems like a more angry Jerry, even if it is fake.
Eh. Maybe he didn't put enough salt on his fucking McGriddle yesterday.

That is what the fucker wants. He wants you to believe that he is angry enough to do something, but he eventually will just settle into his typical offseason malaise.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Has anyone thought how things sort of changed after Quinn won the New Orleans game? Personality of the team changed a bit.

I don't think the Cowboys adapt very well to having a defensive football team.

They need the starpower on offense and quite frankly, we ain't got the Triplets nor the Great Wall.
Easy to win vs an offense depleted of its starting QB, Michael Thomas, and Alvin Kamara.

Sad thing was this defense, turnovers aside, was hugely overrated because of flat out bad competition. Their best game was vs the Chargers.

I wish we could have kept Quinn long enough to have completed the rebuilding

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Easy to win vs an offense depleted of its starting QB, Michael Thomas, and Alvin Kamara.

Sad thing was this defense, turnovers aside, was hugely overrated because of flat out bad competition. Their best game was vs the Chargers.

I wish we could have kept Quinn long enough to have completed the rebuilding
Yeah, it was easy to win against bad offenses, but I still think the defense performed at a level that it dominated the team's personality.

If we had a running game, it would have worked much better. Instead we had a what the fuck passing offense with a QB who we are supposed to believe had a calf injury that affected him all season.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Eh. Maybe he didn't put enough salt on his fucking McGriddle yesterday.

That is what the fucker wants. He wants you to believe that he is angry enough to do something, but he eventually will just settle into his typical offseason malaise.
When he thinks we’ve accepted the suckage despite having a roster that is fully capable of advancing beyond wildcard weekend .

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah, it was easy to win against bad offenses, but I still think the defense performed at a level that it dominated the team's personality.

If we had a running game, it would have worked much better. Instead we had a what the fuck passing offense with a QB who we are supposed to believe had a calf injury that affected him all season.
The defense ascended/exceeded for most of the season, despite all that went on. While the offense was electric for those first 7 games. A tale of two teams, as it were.
And god damnit, I loved that we finally had some D swagger, to match the offense. But we still lack that stout in the middle, the immovable object, like a Donald or a Vea. I want another year of Quinn and some more upgrade to that side.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

M2 and the whole front office are offensive minded, and Jerry just wants to see his big contracts perform.

He got diddly squat from Prescott, Elliott, and Cooper that New Orleans game. Lawrence contributed more than his stat line, but wasn’t a star.

Yeah, no way they want to be a defensive football team. And with Dak paid huge money, they have no choice but to over-invest in OL, RBs, and receiving talent to keep him productive. He can’t win with lesser talent. Hell, he hasn’t won with elite talent either.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Eh, I don't think the defense made Dak or the OL suddenly suck after playing great earlier in the year.

p1_

DCC 4Life
M2 and the whole front office are offensive minded, and Jerry just wants to see his big contracts perform.

He got diddly squat from Prescott, Elliott, and Cooper that New Orleans game. Lawrence contributed more than his stat line, but wasn’t a star.

Yeah, no way they want to be a defensive football team. And with Dak paid huge money, they have no choice but to over-invest in OL, RBs, and receiving talent to keep him productive. He can’t win with lesser talent. Hell, he hasn’t won with elite talent either.
Dak might have seen 2016 be his best shot at winning it all. He had his most complete offense in terms of talent.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

They'd he stupid to invest that heavily in the offense.

OL?

For sure.

Other than that it should be defense, mid round picks at RB, and 1-2 top receiving talents filled in with guys like Wilson.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
They'd he stupid to invest that heavily in the offense.

OL?

For sure.

Other than that it should be defense, mid round picks at RB, and 1-2 top receiving talents filled in with guys like Wilson.
That’s too big an investment is exactly what I’m saying.

Can Dak win without pro bowlers at every position up front, a strong running game, AND two top WRs?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That’s too big an investment is exactly what I’m saying.

Can Dak win without pro bowlers at every position up front, a strong running game, AND two top WRs?
I'd say Dak needs one great WR and a great running game. And a good Oline. Think what the Packers have. And then just build the defense.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'd say Dak needs one great WR and a great running game. And a good Oline. Think what the Packers have. And then just build the defense.
Rodgers makes that offense look way better than it is. Does Lazard start on any other team? And MVS flat out sucks.

Their OL is legit and clearly the defense is solid, but they were super fortunate to have 12. 4 is a nice guy, but he’ll never be 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom