2022 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I guess I'm still surprised so many people would be happy with Quinn as HC. As much as the defense exceeded expectations, it was one year. That's enough to take Atlanta's cast off? Is he really the best we could do as a HC?

Counterpoint, he made a super bowl as a HC in the past 27 years. :lol

He wouldn't be my choice; I like the idea of an offensive minded HC like Payton (or McCarthy for that matter) paired with Quinn as DC.

But I get it, we could do a lot worse. And Quinn will have at least another year as DC so if the defense shits the bed this season obliviously all bets are off (but I don't think it will).

I'd bet another element to it is Parsons. There is probably a segment of fans that wonder if Parsons would be the same without Quinn. Making Quinn HC ensures he stays.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I love Quinn, his passion is undeniable and the way he moved Micah around last year was a stroke of genius.

Not really sure I'd want him as HC, especially with Moore as OC.

To me he's about like Fat Wade...excellent DC but not an ideal HC. The 28-3 debacle does it for me.
Shanahan has to own a bit of that collapse since he refused to run the ball after the Patriots started to roll.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Shanahan has to own a bit of that collapse since he refused to run the ball after the Patriots started to roll.
You're absolutely right, but the HC's gotta have the balls to dictate the flow of the game. He should have absolutely demanded that they run the ball.

Quinn may have learned his lesson, but he strikes me as too meek of a guy to be authoritative over his OC...kinda like Wade.

Spaulding

DCC 4Life
Yep, they could've signed Wagner for like a $6M cap hit and freed up Parsons to do literally anything all across the field at any time, instead here we are, hoping LVE will be decent and that Cox can come back from an ACL to be a quasi-starter.

It's pathetic.
We like our guys.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You're absolutely right, but the HC's gotta have the balls to dictate the flow of the game. He should have absolutely demanded that they run the ball.

Quinn may have learned his lesson, but he strikes me as too meek of a guy to be authoritative over his OC...kinda like Wade.
I don't think he is a cupcake like Wade but I kind of agree. I want Quinn to be able to focus on defense. When he has been head coach I think his defenses have fallen off because he couldn't focus where he needed to.

Anyway, let's see how the staff does this year. This offseason will put a lot of pressure on these coaches.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We like our guys.
I hope we actually do but I think the reality is they are just being cheap. Instead of making some of these young unproven guys beat out a veteran they are saving money by not having the veteran at all.

Like hey let's not burn 3 mil on a wing tackle, Ball or Waletzko could be better. Sure they could but we have no idea. And there is something to be said for a player earning that role as opposed to being given it.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life
They’re acting as if they’re conceding the season without admitting it. As if we’re re-loading.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They’re acting as if they’re conceding the season without admitting it. As if we’re re-loading.
They are explaining the budget cuts. One less trip to Monoco for Jerry and Spaulding, plus the assorted handlers. Or…

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh boy he’s moved from Ethiopian to Somalian … still drops too many balls to be a #1
He needs to work on the drops. But Chase drops a shit ton of balls. In the grand scheme of things you can still be a number 1 WR and have concentration drops here and there. Hell I remember TO dropping a lot of really easy balls. But he was still a real #1 WR because he was electric outside of the drops.

Lamb isn't my concern, it's the other guys. Because NFL teams will do things to take Lamb out of the game. When they do others will have to step up.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He was having a good season until he got hurt. After the Giants game it was downhill due to the knee injury.
Yup.

He was playing very well and averaging 5 ypc from game 2 to game 6.

I don't think he's ever going to be the guy that he was his first two or three years in the league but I do think he's capable of being a very productive player in the 1,100 yard range.

And despite the injuries and struggles last year, he's still really damn good near the goal line and gets into the end zone.

If they use him and Pollard correctly, we should be more than fine in the running game this season.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He needs to work on the drops. But Chase drops a shit ton of balls. In the grand scheme of things you can still be a number 1 WR and have concentration drops here and there. Hell I remember TO dropping a lot of really easy balls. But he was still a real #1 WR because he was electric outside of the drops.

Lamb isn't my concern, it's the other guys. Because NFL teams will do things to take Lamb out of the game. When they do others will have to step up.

I think drops are a concern, but I don't think they are a huge concern. The ability to get open quickly even when the defense is giving you doubles and heavy attention is way more important, and a big concern for me with Lamb. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom