2022 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Apparently he has entered the grief stage of anger. He will get over it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Apparently he has entered the grief stage of anger. He will get over it.
The biggest indictment of McCarthy is that Jerry has refused to unequivocally confirm that he'll be back, even Stephen threw out some wishy-washy answer of being "very confident".

In years past with Garrett Jerry would've came out by now and said without a doubt that Garrett will be the HC next year, and to be fair Garrett was basically a surrogate son to him, but the fact that he hasn't done it yet is notable.

At the very least it tells us next year is truly do or die for McCarthy, and I still wouldn't be shocked to see him fired in the next week or so depending on how the HC carousel goes around the league.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The biggest indictment of McCarthy is that Jerry has refused to unequivocally confirm that he'll be back, even Stephen threw out some wishy-washy answer of being "very confident".

In years past with Garrett Jerry would've came out by now and said without a doubt that Garrett will be the HC next year, and to be fair Garrett was basically a surrogate son to him, but the fact that he hasn't done it yet is notable.

At the very least it tells us next year is truly do or die for McCarthy, and I still wouldn't be shocked to see him fired in the next week or so depending on how the HC carousel goes around the league.
Seriously? Who would you hire instead? Or who do you think he would?

I don't see how Jerry looks at the issues he mentions without looking at his Moore. We know it's his offense and his calls.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Seriously? Who would you hire instead? Or who do you think he would?

I don't see how Jerry looks at the issues he mentions without looking at his Moore. We know it's his offense and his calls.
Who would I hire?

Hackett or Bienimy.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Well is the problem on offense play calling and coaching or is is execution? My take is that the players aren’t getting the job done especially with some who can’t function under pressure. Play calling can’t overcome poor or no execution.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
My God.

What an indictment of our offensive coaching that is.

We are going on a decade of some of the most poorly coached offense in football.

I watched the entirety of that video and what it looks like to me is that most of our concepts suck shit, and on the few occasions that they don't, Dak is late damn near every time.

That video perfectly explains why our offense struggled so much during the second half of the season.

Basically, the play designs didn't allow for many opportunities so we had to make the most of the few we got..... But we didn't because most of the time Dak either didn't know what the read was or he was inexplicably late on getting the ball out to the right guy.

What a fucking mess.
Yep. Anyone who’s played or coached the game at a decent high school level (film study, multipleposition coaches, etc) could sit down and probably figure out a defense to stop the scheme Wonderboy runs. It’s not complex at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom