2022 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Gotta clean out my barn today. I am not looking forward to it.

data

Forbes #1
~continues running~
It's okay. I had a bunch of Emmitt, Troy and Irvin posters on my wall.

Upon meeting my college roommate, a non-football fan, asks why I have so many men in tights on my wall. After pondering that thought, yes, I then printed out some Tera Patrick pictures to balance it out.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
You still keep in touch with any of them?

While living with them, did you find they were more head-on-shoulders than you, or even worse?
No contact. Only had 1 that I would even consider getting in contact with but too much time has gone by. Would just seem weird.

Cotton

Staff member
No contact. Only had 1 that I would even consider getting in contact with but too much time has gone by. Would just seem weird.
What's funny is, Rev is the most longstanding friend that I have stayed in contact with. We have known each other 20+ years. /sentimentalpost

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don’t know what everyone here has against Howell. Probably never watched him live.
Not against him at all. Lord knows we need a reliable backup.

But I think the Cowboys believe they are in “now” mode and will value other positions over backup QB

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Feh. I still remember the eagles 2006 draft - Broderick Bunkley, Winston Justice, Chris Gocong, Max Jean Gilles, Jason Avant - that people were panicking over. It's rarely as big a deal as it seems when a rival takes some of your pet cats. How the organization is run overall matters a lot.

We'll see on this one, but none of it will matter if they don't have a QB.

It's the same thing with the Giants and whoever else some of us might be panicking over.
Yea, it seems like every 4 years or so people freak out over some awesome Eagles draft and it rarely turns out as well as it seems at the time.

Dean and Jurgens probably won't even contribute much year 1 and Dean may or may not be reliable with the injuries over his career.

And ultimately it doesn't matter until they find a real QB, the nice thing is that they have a pretty solid roster right now with a high floor (at least 6-7 wins) but a low ceiling (about 10).

So they won't really be in great position to draft a QB any time soon, and it seems the QB movement will slow down over the next year or two.

data

Forbes #1
What's funny is, Rev is the most longstanding friend that I have stayed in contact with. We have known each other 20+ years. /sentimentalpost
Rev is an dedicated probation officer.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
Did I mention that I have to clean out my barn today?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
First beer opened

• Props
Reactions: p1_

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Money can be moved around. I dont buy the money excuse.
Hollywood is still on his rookie deal. Robert Woods was going to cost the Rams 10 mil on 3/20. That’s a lot of cash to convert into signing bonuses on an old roster.

For Dallas it was 20 million to push, and it says something about the roster that they didn’t want to push a bunch of money forward for players they don’t necessarily want. Basically they would be kicking the can to next year

I frankly would have kept Cooper because the new Sunday Ticket money would have offset the cost. Cooper had a clause in his deal that kicked 18 mil into SB and added two voidable years. Cleveland exercised that clause immediately.

Frankly I think the Joneses were pissed about Cooper’s being unvaccinated and getting Covid mid-season

Top Bottom