2022 Draft Big Boards, Position Rankings & Mocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
One of the worst QB classes in years for sure.
It's like the top guys flop, so let's just pick the next best ones and push them to the top. I could see this class produce 0 franchise QBs. Nothing against the names listed. I haven't watched Liberty for example. But usually when the QB class fluctuates like this it's not a sign of a guy really deserving a top pick.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's like the top guys flop, so let's just pick the next best ones and push them to the top. I could see this class produce 0 franchise QBs. Nothing against the names listed. I haven't watched Liberty for example. But usually when the QB class fluctuates like this it's not a sign of a guy really deserving a top pick.
Yea, Willis is not good and is even more raw than a guy like Josh Allen or Justin Fields coming out. Maybe someone buys into his tools but that's a massive risk to take in the top 10.

I think he's like a 75% chance of busting.

Kenny Pickett might be the best bet as like a Kirk Cousins type, and when your comparison for possibly the top QB in the class is a 4th rounder who is kinda meh to begin with, that's...not great.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I can't god damn believe the Dolphins let the Eagles rape them in trades over and over and over again. Jerry, here's a news flash: the Dolphins are available to be taken advantage of - get on the phone and plunder them, if only to stop the Eagles from doing it again. First it was when they stole a top 10 draft pick from them for fucking Kiko Alonzo or whatever back in 2016. He started ONE god damn game for the Eagles in 2015 before they flipped him and the 13th overall for that 8th overall pick back in 2016. Jesus, maybe we could get the Dolphins next top 10 pick for our own plus Leighton Vander Esche's expiring contract.

Now it's getting an extra top 10 first round pick in exchange for moving from 6 to 12. I would do that all day long. And the Dolphins were after fucking Jaylen Waddle! What a joke.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I can't god damn believe the Dolphins let the Eagles rape them in trades over and over and over again. Jerry, here's a news flash: the Dolphins are available to be taken advantage of - get on the phone and plunder them, if only to stop the Eagles from doing it again. First it was when they stole a top 10 draft pick from them for fucking Kiko Alonzo or whatever back in 2016. He started ONE god damn game for the Eagles in 2015 before they flipped him and the 13th overall for that 8th overall pick back in 2016. Jesus, maybe we could get the Dolphins next top 10 pick for our own plus Leighton Vander Esche's expiring contract.

Now it's getting an extra top 10 first round pick in exchange for moving from 6 to 12. I would do that all day long. And the Dolphins were after fucking Jaylen Waddle! What a joke.
Yea it's definitely ridiculous but if it makes you feel any better the Eagles roster is generally shit, they have no QB, this is the worst QB class in like 10 years, and in general I think this draft is very weak at the top.

Like, after Thibodeaux I just don't think there is much impressive talent at the top. Looking at last year's top non-QB talent (Chase, Sewell, Pitts, Surtain, Parsons, Slater) I think only Hamilton and maybe Neal/Hutchinson are in the conversation. Stingley was awesome 2 years ago and has played like 6 games since, so kind of hard to think of him as a clear cut blue chip guy.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Isn't there a great chance the Eagles don't get that first from the Colts though? They definitely aren't making the playoffs, and if Wentz keeps shitting the bed like he has lately they'll shut him down somehow just to retain that first.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Isn't there a great chance the Eagles don't get that first from the Colts though? They definitely aren't making the playoffs, and if Wentz keeps shitting the bed like he has lately they'll shut him down somehow just to retain that first.
Yea, all they have to do is sit him the last 4-5 games of the season and it turns into a 2nd. I still feel like that's likely, but even if it's not and they play Wentz all season they should win about 8 or so games, which would have them probably in the mid-1st somewhere.

The Dolphins also have a light schedule and no reason to tank, so I'd honestly be surprised if the Eagles ended up with one top 5 pick, let alone multiple.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yea it's definitely ridiculous but if it makes you feel any better the Eagles roster is generally shit, they have no QB, this is the worst QB class in like 10 years, and in general I think this draft is very weak at the top.
They should be able to completely retool with franchise players at multiple positions.

Dealing with Peters and Cox for ten years was a whole lot worse than any QB they fielded, so this sucks any way we cut it.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
They should be able to completely retool with franchise players at multiple positions.

Dealing with Peters and Cox for ten years was a whole lot worse than any QB they fielded, so this sucks any way we cut it.
They still have to hit on the players. No sense in gloom and doom yet. Players fail to live up to potential often.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
They still have to hit on the players. No sense in gloom and doom yet. Players fail to live up to potential often.
Remember when in 2000 the skins drafted Lavar Arrington and Chris Samuels at the top of the first round and were supposed to take over the NFL? Or even now in more recent times with all of their high picks on the Dline?

Good times....

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

I'd rather deal with Peters and Cox than Rodgers or Mahomes, or even someone like Herbert, for 10 years.

And if I had to guess the worst case scenario is they'll end up with one top 10 pick (Miami) in the 7-8 range, and two picks in the 12-17 range (their own and the Colts), and of course it's very possible the Colts pick is only a 2.

If you look closely at this class it isn't particularly strong, and I'm certainly not going to be shitting myself if they end up with DeMarvin Leal, Ahmad Gardner and Carson Strong or some shit.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I remember way back when they traded up into the top ten for Davonte Smith and he barely did anything.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I remember way back when they traded up into the top ten for Davonte Smith and he barely did anything.
He's been relatively productive given that Hurts is a pretty terrible passer, and I think he'll generally be a good player, not quite elite of the elite but maybe like a McLaurin borderline top 10 type, but yea I remember ravid freaking out about him going to either the Eagles or Giants at the time.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He's been relatively productive given that Hurts is a pretty terrible passer, and I think he'll generally be a good player, not quite elite of the elite but maybe like a McLaurin borderline top 10 type, but yea I remember ravid freaking out about him going to either the Eagles or Giants at the time.
I thought he was great in college and would be a star in the pros, but the fact is it's not happening.

He may turn out to be very good but he's not a franchise changer.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought he was great in college and would be a star in the pros, but the fact is it's not happening.

He may turn out to be very good but he's not a franchise changer.
QBs matter a lot.Especially with a WR like that. Put Chase with the Eagles and his numbers wouldn't be record setting for a rookie.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
QBs matter a lot.Especially with a WR like that. Put Chase with the Eagles and his numbers wouldn't be record setting for a rookie.
You also can't overlook that Chase and Burrow already had chemistry together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom