2022 Draft Big Boards, Position Rankings & Mocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd take that right now and be fine with it, although the DE/edge class looks like it could be very strong and choosing between a guy like Linderbaum and someone like Drake Jackson or Hutchinson could be very difficult.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I'd take that right now and be fine with it, although the DE/edge class looks like it could be very strong and choosing between a guy like Linderbaum and someone like Drake Jackson or Hutchinson could be very difficult.
Honestly, we could use another draft where 80% of the picks are on defense. This assumes that we will once again be cheapskates in free agency.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Honestly, we could use another draft where 80% of the picks are on defense. This assumes that we will once again be cheapskates in free agency.
They're never going to sign a true impact player in FA, the best we can hope for are Keanu Neal type signings, which can be effective, but you'll never find cornerstones like that.

The draft should be nearly all defense again but I'll make exceptions for the OL with a high pick.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
My early wish list…

S
DT
DE
OL
RB
TE

My expectation/best case scenario
OL
DE
RB
CB
TE
WR
QB
LB
K/P
S
DT

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
My early wish list…

S
DT
DE
OL
RB
TE

My expectation/best case scenario
OL
DE
RB
CB
TE
WR
QB
LB
K/P
S
DT
They shouldn't be taking a RB high next year, Elliott will 100% be back and Pollard will be on the last year of his rookie deal. The year after?

Sure, but a 3rd round RB isn't going to bring any value in 2022 behind Elliott/Pollard and you don't need ramp up time for RB's to make an impact. We could easily draft a rookie in 2023 and have them start the same year if need be.

For me it's all about both lines early and often, the only position I'd consider beyond the OL/DL in the first 2-3 rounds is safety and maybe TE, although only if Schultz or Jarwin are let go in the offseason. If both are back in 2022 I'm not even considering TE unless they're by far the BPA.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
They shouldn't be taking a RB high next year, Elliott will 100% be back and Pollard will be on the last year of his rookie deal. The year after?

Sure, but a 3rd round RB isn't going to bring any value in 2022 behind Elliott/Pollard and you don't need ramp up time for RB's to make an impact. We could easily draft a rookie in 2023 and have them start the same year if need be.

For me it's all about both lines early and often, the only position I'd consider beyond the OL/DL in the first 2-3 rounds is safety and maybe TE, although only if Schultz or Jarwin are let go in the offseason. If both are back in 2022 I'm not even considering TE unless they're by far the BPA.
I'm good with us never taking an RB in the 1st 2 rounds ever again. my list was the overall draft. I thought next year was the first we could trade Zeke without a major cap hit. TE is only for the right person but we will ship jarwin or schultz eventually.
S, DL, and OL need to be addressed.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm good with us never taking an RB in the 1st 2 rounds ever again. my list was the overall draft. I thought next year was the first we could trade Zeke without a major cap hit. TE is only for the right person but we will ship jarwin or schultz eventually.
S, DL, and OL need to be addressed.
I'm not going to say never but not with a top 20 pick.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'll be watching him closely against Maryland this week. If he continues playing like this throughout the year I'd be surprised if he made it to us, presumably in the mid-20's.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll be watching him closely against Maryland this week. If he continues playing like this throughout the year I'd be surprised if he made it to us, presumably in the mid-20's.
Centers don't usually go too high but I'm expecting him to go in the 20s.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Linderbaum really did not look great against Maryland in pass protection, he was pushed straight back into the QB's lap a few times, very similar to what we've seen a few times with Biadasz, and Maryland's defense is certainly nothing to write home about.

It was only one game though so I don't want to jump to any conclusions, so I'll be keeping a close eye on him in some of these bigger matchups coming up.

His mobility and athleticism in the run game, particularly climbing to the 2nd level on Zone concepts, definitely stood out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom