2022 Cowboys Preseason Week 3 Gameday Chatter Thread | Seahawks @ Cowboys | 08/26/22

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We got extremely lucky with Mukuamu. He was supposed to be a 2nd/3rd going into 2020, COVID hit, South Carolina played like shit, Muschamp was fired and a bunch of guys opted out.

He was still really productive though (2 picks in 5 games) but he just seemed to fall through the cracks. I can't seem to find a Pro Day 40 so maybe that scared teams off, but it seems like a classic situation of a talented guy just getting forgotten during the pre-draft process for a variety of reasons.

I doubt he'd be a great fit in every scheme so Quinn knowing exactly how to utilize a jumbo DB like him is a big part of it too.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
My first thought is that he's been there like 30 years so he's probably making quite a bit.

Then I realized Jerry writes his paycheck which means he probably has to do Only Fans on the side to make ends meet.
Dude, that's gross.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
You could provide context.
I thought everyone got the same Cowboys feed since the game was on NFL Network.

Anyhow, the segments with Nate Newton were honestly the best part of the broadcast. I wish that he would have been the color analyst for the entire game instead of Irvin. I'd have preferred some honesty over listening to Irving talk everyone up as if they're future hall of famers.

Paraphrasing: Newton said that Ball isn't good enough to be on the roster and he doesn't have the feet to be an OT in the NFL. Said he looks completely overmatched and can't block double moves and that the speed of the game is killing him.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Anyhow, the segments with Nate Newton were honestly the best part of the broadcast. I wish that he would have been the color analyst for the entire game instead of Irvin. I'd have preferred some honesty over listening to Irving talk everyone up as if they're future hall of famers.

Paraphrasing: Newton said that Ball isn't good enough to be on the roster and he doesn't have the feet to be an OT in the NFL. Said he looks completely overmatched and can't block double moves and that the speed of the game is killing him.
Nate does a good job, especially regarding OL.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought everyone got the same Cowboys feed since the game was on NFL Network.

Ball looks clumsy.

Top Bottom