2022 Cowboys Preseason Week 3 Gameday Chatter Thread | Seahawks @ Cowboys | 08/26/22

p1_

DCC 4Life
One solid, tough play and then immediately gets blown off his feet several yards onto his back.

Welcome to the NFL, rook
He needs to stop running his mouth like he’s ready made to kick ass at this level. Simmer down, biznatch.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Doing my day after deeper dive and it is pretty important that we keep Malik Davis on the 53.

He had limited college production, but looking at how Pierce is doing in Houston, he may be a gem as well.

Something happened down there, but both look very focused and determined.

Foobio

DCC 4Life

Nice beat down he put on this safety

I watched some of his high school highlights out of curiosity. They sure as hell couldn’t tackle him there. Kid has good power for a 200 pound back.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Other little things:

-Farniok is being groomed for future Mongo work.
-Well-Lets-Go didn't do bad. In fact he looked like he had a brain, unlike Ball.
-Aviante Collins should be a PS player who we should be confident in calling up when needed.
-I feel bad for Alarcon, but he should feel pretty damn fortunate he gets to continue to get a check for another year.
-The Tweet from Baldinger is so spot on, Williams could be more special sooner than we think. He can transition from speed to power so well. Not only did he blow up Cross, he also had him grabbing him a lot.
-The Barr cameo was okay.
-I have never seen a more pathetic starting QB duel than Geno Smith versus Lock.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Paused the game and I am early on and they are showing the Charlotte Jones Museum.

Jesus fuckin' Christ.

This is not football.

There is fuckin' shit on display that looks like a child did it. And lo and behold, they did.

So gross.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Paused the game and I am early on and they are showing the Charlotte Jones Museum.

Jesus fuckin' Christ.

This is not football.

There is fuckin' shit on display that looks like a child did it. And lo and behold, they did.

So gross.
Middy (Cotton's BFF) used to pan the networks for always mentioning the artwork in the stadium. You can't get thru one SNF game without it being referenced.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Middy (Cotton's BFF) used to pan the networks for always mentioning the artwork in the stadium. You can't get thru one SNF game without it being referenced.
It's awful. I am pretty buzzed right now so I am just rewinding it looking at Fat Mike's wife just looking underwhelmed by having to be there with a bunch of singing kids. And they framed her inside a piece of star artwork.

Yes. I believe it is in their contract to mention the great things the goddamn Joneses do.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I sometimes wonder how much Mickey Spagnola makes.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Other little things:

-Farniok is being groomed for future Mongo work.
-Well-Lets-Go didn't do bad. In fact he looked like he had a brain, unlike Ball.
-Aviante Collins should be a PS player who we should be confident in calling up when needed.
-I feel bad for Alarcon, but he should feel pretty damn fortunate he gets to continue to get a check for another year.
-The Tweet from Baldinger is so spot on, Williams could be more special sooner than we think. He can transition from speed to power so well. Not only did he blow up Cross, he also had him grabbing him a lot.
-The Barr cameo was okay.
-I have never seen a more pathetic starting QB duel than Geno Smith versus Lock.
Waletzko looked decent, smoother than Ball and his length makes up for a lot. He could actually be a keeper as a swing OT but I just can't trust him to play right now.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Waletzko looked decent, smoother than Ball and his length makes up for a lot. He could actually be a keeper as a swing OT but I just can't trust him to play right now.
Well, you can’t. It was just strange how his shoulder was falling off and then he was healthy.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Well, you can’t. It was just strange how his shoulder was falling off and then he was healthy.
Somewhat unrelated but since there's no draft thread yet I'll put it here, but Skoronski is the shit. Just straight up mauled Nebraska today, doesn't have ideal measurables/length similar to Slater but awesome technician and balance.

We'll see how he does the rest of the year but he's looking like a very similar prospect to Slater, possible LT but may drop because he's perceived as a better fit at OG.

Of course that isn't a huge concern with Smith also having LT potential, just take an elite OL prospect and let it work itself out.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Turpin really can't run a route to save his damn life.

If you are that small, you better have some plucky white WR to you.

They are going to have to design screens or something to him for him to have any utility beyond special teams.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom