2022 Cowboys Preseason Week 2 Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Chargers | 08/20/22

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I haven't seen the kickoff return TD.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
missed the 4th quarter, but I'd say the pass rush was pretty non-existent last night
Per PFF:
• Edge defender Tarell Basham registered two QB hits on eight pass-rush snaps.
• Defensive tackle Trysten Hill, a 2019 second-round pick out of UCF, showed up with a sack and two stops in run defense.
• Edge defenders Big Kat Bryant (sack, QB hit) and Mike Tafua (sack, hurry) also brought pressure.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Thank you, kind sir. Hopefully, this carries over into the season.
Here is a better angle from the Tweet that apparently you did not see posted this morning.

His move on the kicker was absolutely sick.

His ability to dart through traffic when he sees green and then turn on the jets is very impressive.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
We haven't had a guy with quickness and legit speed in forever. Shrimp was quick but had no long speed, and guys like Miles Austin were fast but only in a straight line. I've wanted us to try to get a guy like this for a long time, but we've seemed obsessed with size at WR forever.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It was great to feel excited after a preseason game. There was plenty to get excited about.

But there are several things that still stick out that bother me:

-We are probably screwed at WR for the first couple of games or whenever Gallup is able to play. I am less and less impressed with Jalen Tolbert every single week.

-I hope that at the final cuts we are looking for a swing tackle and a kicker. What we have is unacceptable.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We haven't had a guy with quickness and legit speed in forever. Shrimp was quick but had no long speed, and guys like Miles Austin were fast but only in a straight line. I've wanted us to try to get a guy like this for a long time, but we've seemed obsessed with size at WR forever.
I wonder why he is not seeing more snaps though.

Wouldn't it make more sense to feature him in different ways offensively to get him used to game action and speed?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Williams definitely flashed a bit last night, didn't show up in the box score but he showed some subtle improvement over the first game. He's not ready to play more than about 15 or so snaps a game in the regular season but if he keeps improving he should be a borderline starter by the end of the year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm just going to pretend we drafted Mukuamu in the 3rd and Wright in the 6th, which is where he should've gone in the first place.

Cotton

Staff member
So, our safety room is too crowded and our WR room is light. What a change from last year, huh?

• Props
Reactions: p1_

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I'm just going to pretend we drafted Mukuamu in the 3rd and Wright in the 6th, which is where he should've gone in the first place.
reminds me of when Landry tried to make Charlie Waters a corner (where he quickly got exposed) when he was clearly a safety

Top Bottom