2022 Cowboys Preseason Week 2 Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Chargers | 08/20/22

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
3 ST plays, 2 TDs. Fuck thats good.
The most impressive part is that it wasn't our number one ST unit blocking for him. There were some well-executed blocks.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

For comparison, Deion Sanders once clocked at 21.5 MPH in 1994. Tyreek Hill: 21.91 MPH.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We haven't had a guy with quickness and legit speed in forever. Shrimp was quick but had no long speed, and guys like Miles Austin were fast but only in a straight line. I've wanted us to try to get a guy like this for a long time, but we've seemed obsessed with size at WR forever.
Tavon Austin? About the best comp I can think of.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It’s harder for a short guy to match the straight line speed of a guy like Deion, but they make up for it by being more shifty because their stride allows them to make more direction changes in the same space while still maintaining speed.

This kid ‘has it’

Only questions are whether you are willing to sacrifice a dedicated ST slot for him (should be a yes) and whether his 5’7” frame can handle being tackled, because he will be tackled

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It’s harder for a short guy to match the straight line speed of a guy like Deion, but they make up for it by being more shifty because their stride allows them to make more direction changes in the same space while still maintaining speed.

This kid ‘has it’

Only questions are whether you are willing to sacrifice a dedicated ST slot for him (should be a yes) and whether his 5’7” frame can handle being tackled, because he will be tackled
Being 5'7" and elusive usually helps a guy handle being tackled because those guys are difficult to get a shot lined up on.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's patently retarded to have tried to rely on him to be the swing tackle basically sight unseen.
Yeah he just doesn't look like he belongs at all. We need to sign someone ASAP in my opinion to make sure they are ready for the season. I'd rather see Waletzko out there than Ball but let's not force the young guy out there. Have a second option.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah he just doesn't look like he belongs at all. We need to sign someone ASAP in my opinion to make sure they are ready for the season. I'd rather see Waletzko out there than Ball but let's not force the young guy out there. Have a second option.

Nsekhe makes so much sense right now. I don't know why they're being obstinate about it.

Top Bottom