2022 Cowboys Preseason Week 2 Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Chargers | 08/20/22

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Lots of positives tonight (Turpin, Mukuamu, Cox, lack of penalties, no kicks missed under 60 yards) but Tyler Smith was probably the most encouraging given the relative investment. Outside of the false start he was pretty much the offensive engine in the 1st half with most of our running game going between the A/B gaps, and usually right behind him.

The 4th down conversion and I believe both TD's more or less went directly through him. That's about as good as you'll get out of a rookie OL in a preseason game.

On the flip side, Wright should be on the bubble and Ball should be cut tomorrow, he's just horrendous and there are too many other guys deserving of a spot to burn one on him. Tolbert remains a bit of an enigma with a creative new concentration mistake but I think he'll be fine once he's running with actual NFL players.

It's not his fault the front office are a bunch of morons who are forcing him into big snaps right away because they're too lazy to do something at WR.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Apparently, the soon to be cut Olinemen are not given the honor of doing the Landry shift.

Either that, or we panicked and didn't know what to do. We're not used to winning in the preseason.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They're both making the 53, especially since each of them can function similar to Kearse as a pseudo-LB in passing situations.
Yeah and one can actually play some corner too. I think it makes sense to keep both.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Okay. If he continues to do this, the chant may continue.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The only question remaining about Turpin is does he keep wearing #2 when he makes the final roster or does he switch numbers?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Lots of positives tonight (Turpin, Mukuamu, Cox, lack of penalties, no kicks missed under 60 yards) but Tyler Smith was probably the most encouraging given the relative investment.
Jabril Cox was outstanding last night. They couldn't block him. The guy has a knack for shedding and avoiding blocks. He's slippery.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I've NEVER done this for a preseason game, but Turpin is fucking unreal!

:towel :towel
I been trying to tell y'all, Turpin is going to be the shit. :unsure

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm a fake fan and didn't watch the game. Did we really only throw 18 passes?

Top Bottom