2022 Coaches Firing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Like Urban, back to college where he belongs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Happens all the time.
Yep, is it worth it when you're fired a year or two later? I get why a coach has the desire to try but I could also see why a top assistant or college coach might say no to a team. I mean better to be an elite coordinator or to be a top college coach then to be searching for a job a couple years later and have to pick up, move and start all over.

Not aaying Quinn will stay in Dallas but I sure as shit wouldn't leave for that mess in Carolina. They are the home to bust QBs who will cost you your job.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
'member when McCarthy topped those lists?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yep, is it worth it when you're fired a year or two later? I get why a coach has the desire to try but I could also see why a top assistant or college coach might say no to a team. I mean better to be an elite coordinator or to be a top college coach then to be searching for a job a couple years later and have to pick up, move and start all over.

Not aaying Quinn will stay in Dallas but I sure as shit wouldn't leave for that mess in Carolina. They are the home to bust QBs who will cost you your job.
Money and ego/arrogance. Quinn is already in the circle so even if he gets fired he can come right back to a coordinator.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Money and ego/arrogance. Quinn is already in the circle so even if he gets fired he can come right back to a coordinator.
He skipped out on being a HC last season and I wouldn't be shocked if he does it again.

I don't think he'd take a job with an unstable organization like the Skins or Panthers, and if I had to guess it'd have to be a team that's set at QB like Arizona or maybe whoever gets the 1st pick.

Ultimately, I don't think we can afford to let him walk out the door. McCarthy has done an amazing job to get us to 4-1 but Quinn deserves most of the credit and if it comes down to it, I'm keeping Quinn barring some miraculous run to the Super Bowl or maybe NFCC.

The only somewhat suitable alternative to losing Quinn would be bringing in old man Fangio.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He skipped out on being a HC last season and I wouldn't be shocked if he does it again.

I don't think he'd take a job with an unstable organization like the Skins or Panthers, and if I had to guess it'd have to be a team that's set at QB like Arizona or maybe whoever gets the 1st pick.

Ultimately, I don't think we can afford to let him walk out the door. McCarthy has done an amazing job to get us to 4-1 but Quinn deserves most of the credit and if it comes down to it, I'm keeping Quinn barring some miraculous run to the Super Bowl or maybe NFCC.

The only somewhat suitable alternative to losing Quinn would be bringing in old man Fangio.
He did skip out on it last year but it wasnt like he denied interest from the start. So there was at least a little spark of interest in going back. Maybe not Carolina or Washington but there will be other jobs opening as well. Im just not so sure on dodging the bullet twice.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He did skip out on it last year but it wasnt like he denied interest from the start. So there was at least a little spark of interest in going back. Maybe not Carolina or Washington but there will be other jobs opening as well. Im just not so sure on dodging the bullet twice.
Yea I think it's 50/50, depends on if a job like Arizona or Indianapolis opens up and whether or not he's their top choice.

I'm not especially concerned about places like Carolina, Washington, Houston or Detroit, and I don't think teams like the Jets or Browns will fire their coaches. Denver could be a problem but I think there's so much turmoil there that it might not be attractive, especially if Wilson continues playing like shit.

Of course the trump card is just making him our HC, which I think Jerry very well might do if it comes down to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom