2022 Coaches Firing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That GM of theirs is a dead man walking, no chance they give him the autonomy to hire who he wants given they just fired his last hire about 10 months after he made it.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It would be kind of weird though, since all accounts have Payton bringing Fangio with him.
That would be awkward. I wonder if there were some stipulations on teams between Payton and Fangio.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It would be kind of weird though, since all accounts have Payton bringing Fangio with him.

I don't think Payton would want it so doubt it happens anyway, but from the Broncos perspective you'd think that would be their target.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
That GM of theirs is a dead man walking, no chance they give him the autonomy to hire who he wants given they just fired his last hire about 10 months after he made it.

They already said the hiring will be headed by ownership so you're right.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Not surprising but what does it matter if it is now or in two weeks unless they already have someone in mind.
My guess is they wanted someone in there who can at the very least immediately take control of the team and snuff out all the infighting, especially along the sidelines.

Hackett is clearly too passive and doesn't have the respect of the team. I don't care how shitty the QB has been playing, I don't recall any instances where teams went after their own QB. Attacking your own QB is one of the higher sins of football. Yet it seemed to be a regular occurrence in Denver.

Look at the Jets. Zach Wilson has given his teammates every reason to punch him in the face but you never see his teammates scream him down or confront him publicly. And they're playoff contenders with a helluva a lot more on the line than the Broncos who are simply playing out the stretch,

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My guess is they wanted someone in there who can at the very least immediately take control of the team and snuff out all the infighting, especially along the sidelines.
I am certain hiring Old Man Rosburg is going to snuff out all the in-fighting.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I don't think Payton would want it so doubt it happens anyway, but from the Broncos perspective you'd think that would be their target.
They also have to sell any potential HC on Russell Wilson as a reclamation or blame his down year on Hackett. Please take Kellen Moore….

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He will cost draft picks. Do the Broncos have any? I doubt Sean Payton would want to take over that awful Wilson situation where he is stuck with him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He will cost draft picks. Do the Broncos have any? I doubt Sean Payton would want to take over that awful Wilson situation where he is stuck with him.
That whole trade makes them toxic unless it is some lower profile guy that wants to prove himself.

I offer up Kellen Moore. Gets him back to the Mountain West.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Now the minions are getting the chop.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That whole trade makes them toxic unless it is some lower profile guy that wants to prove himself.

I offer up Kellen Moore. Gets him back to the Mountain West.
The hard thing is they need a coach to come in and sort of set Wilson straight. But Wilson can basically tell any coach to fuck off. They can't cut him, can't trade him and Wilson can basically do what every the fuck he wants with no repercussions.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The hard thing is they need a coach to come in and sort of set Wilson straight. But Wilson can basically tell any coach to fuck off. They can't cut him, can't trade him and Wilson can basically do what every the fuck he wants with no repercussions.
That is why I believe that Quinn, given his prior relationship (and some related cronies), is a real possibility for them.

And that is regardless of how we do this year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That is why I believe that Quinn, given his prior relationship (and some related cronies), is a real possibility for them.

And that is regardless of how we do this year.
His relationship is with the GM though and the owners will ultimately be picking in this case with probably little regard for what the GM thinks.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
My money is on Bieniemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom